It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

magnolialady HB User
my solution for fibro of 15 yrs

When I was diagnosed 15 yrs ago the dr. immediately started me on amitripiline (sp?). After 3 years on this, on my way to work one am I was meeting a passing car head-on and I did nothing. No panic, no brakes, nothing. Went home, flushed them down the toilet and refused any antidepressants from then on. I stayed active doing restoration work on my home, yardwork, flower gardens and worked parttime for the last 10 of those 15 years. Then I had hysterectomy in Sept. 2001. After taking an easy winter recuperating I geared up for my spring projects. What a surprise because within 30 minutes I would be so sore I couldn't even move. All those years before I would get sore in the pm, but only after I would quit the strenous activities for the day. I saw my pcp and complained about the fatigue and because I was so use to the pain I didn't ask for pain pills. Well the depression issue came up AGAIN and I said sure anything that will work. For two years I tried several antidepressants, even natural hormones prescribed by a dr. Nothing helped. My pcp referred me to a psychiatrist (that's how determined they are) and on my 2nd visit I told him I don't need antidepressants, I need energy! Energy will get me back on my feet and give me the determination to help myself. At age 55 I asked for Adderall and he agreed to let me try it. I have been on it for 5 months, and I feel like a different person. I expected to have all of this energy and it never happened. What did happen was the ability to focus on ME for a change, what I needed to do to help me and it gave me the determination to try to help myself. I say it's the brain fog that's so hard to treat and the Adderall zapped that immediately. Now I know this review won't be appreciated by everyone or even obtainable for some, but I too had searched this board for help and I'm just offering my solution. I'm not worried about taking the Adderall because my plans are to increase my stamina to a point that I am satisfied with. I won't be doing strenous work anymore because the soreness is still there but I can get up off the couch and walk outside. I am walking my treadmill every am and eating better than I have in years. I definitely feel better about my future too, to the point where I am actually looking forward to it again. To the younger (FMS) ones, please stay active and don't let it win because it is depressing to have your life altered so dramatically and no one will listen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
(female)

desperate1 HB User
Re: my solution for fibro of 15 yrs

Hi there! I was just searching the boards as I am desperate for Adderall info, and I found your post. So glad to hear this is helping you!
I have been on Adderall since the end of June and so far I have not seen a great improvement in my fatigue or brain fog, althought the brain fog is helped much more than the fatigue.
I wonder if you could tell me how much you are taking, and if you are still on the same dose you started on? I started on 10 mg a day and am now up to 45 and still not able to get through a day without being overcome by debilitating fatigue, forgetting things, not being able to find words, think straight or do anything I used to take for granted. I'm 33 and I really hoped Adderall would give me my life back. My doctor says we just have to find the dose that's right for me, but I wonder how many more times we can increase the dosage, or if I should have seen better results by now.
I'm sticking with this a bit longer. I really want it to work.

Closed Thread