It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
(female)

EW1607 HB User
Question cold climate aggravates FM

I was diagnosed with FM, I live in a area where winter brings extremely cold climate, my Fm gets really bad in winter. When I holoday in warm climates or in summer I dont suffer anywhere near as much. Does any one else find cold weather effects them more too?

The following user gives a hug of support to EW1607:
ceaserlucy (11-05-2010)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User
Re: cold climate aggrivates FM

Cold is a big trigger for me. Air conditioning really gets me, so being in a warm climate were everyone is blasting their central ait isn't necessarily better for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
(female)

sunny47 HB User
Re: cold climate aggrivates FM

I can agree with that. I think cold ac air is worse then outside cold air...I also find the hot himid air really wipes me out fast.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

EverythingHurts HB User
Unhappy Re: cold climate aggravates FM

Heat and cold are both really bad for me. The heat wears me out and drains all my energy, although heat helps to make the pain go away.

Cold is bad because being out in the cold in the winter makes me involuntarily tense my muscles, which really makes them hurt. Especially my neck muscles.

The other night, I soaked in a hot tub for about an hour, which really helped with my pain. But when I got out of the tub, I got a cold chill which made all my muscles tense up, and I was suddenly in more pain than before I got in the tub. I couldn't make my muscles stop contracting, it was almost like they went into spasm in my neck and legs. I couldn't believe how much pain I was in, and the room wasn't even cold. Wierd. Another first-time pain experience. Now I'm almost afraid to get back in the hot tub!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
(female)

saphirz HB User
Re: cold climate aggravates FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingHurts View Post
Heat and cold are both really bad for me. The heat wears me out and drains all my energy, although heat helps to make the pain go away.

Cold is bad because being out in the cold in the winter makes me involuntarily tense my muscles, which really makes them hurt. Especially my neck muscles.

The other night, I soaked in a hot tub for about an hour, which really helped with my pain. But when I got out of the tub, I got a cold chill which made all my muscles tense up, and I was suddenly in more pain than before I got in the tub. I couldn't make my muscles stop contracting, it was almost like they went into spasm in my neck and legs. I couldn't believe how much pain I was in, and the room wasn't even cold. Wierd. Another first-time pain experience. Now I'm almost afraid to get back in the hot tub!
Heehee Im the queen of hot baths..... I always make sure I have a heater on in the bathroom and its at least 80 degrees before I get out.

If the water for me is not so hot it makes me turn pink it lowers my temp a degree. so I have to keep refreshing the bath water with hot water. I can get hyperthremic very easy.
I cant go swimming at all, I start shaking almost as soon as I get in.
People thought I was crazy till one time I started turning a light shade of blue.
and shaking uncontrolable, at the point I had to take a very hot shower to get warm again. One night I fell asleep in taking a bath and the water cooled way down, pretty much I got hyperthermic and had a fever the rest of the night and couldnt get warm.
When I feel cold, it feels extreem to me. and the worst thing is I live in Nebraska in the cold for what 5 months.
When I was little the cold never bothered me and when I was a teen I could stand it for long periods of time and then when I was about 25 it started changing for me, expecially the swimming in pools. Now if the water isnt very hot im not going in it.

The stange thing is I moved from AZ to NE and Neather place is good for me in maintaining the comfort temp for me. In Az it was to hot and my body had a hard time cooling down. My perfect temp to be in is about 76 to 80 degrees. I know you might ask have I ever had my thyroid checked yes and its fine. So you wont find this ducky in the swimming pool anytime soon give me a hot tub and Ill be a happy ducky.

Last edited by saphirz; 04-22-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Closed Thread