It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
(female)

blessedbeader HB User
Question Pain in lower back and hips

I have noticed it seeems many have the upper body pain but I haven't noticed much about lower body pain. My pain is in the PSIS, alower spine area and both hips. Doc said it was bursitis in the hips but sometimes my hips feel swollen and pianful about 6 inches down the leg from the hip bone.I cannot sleep on my left side b/c I am still dealing w/ the pain rom a sx on that hip 12 yrs ago. I don't like that esp, b/c I can't turn over and hug my hubby...Is anyone out there w/ this problem? does it effect how and where you sit? how are you dealing w/ it?sometimes I can barely stand up b/c of the pain.....

Is anyone out there w/ this????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

EverythingHurts HB User
Re: Pain in lower back and hips

I get pain in both hips, but it's usually a shooting pain like a bolt of hot lightning. It happens when I walk, usually when going down the stairs.

Two months ago I got 2 epidural steroid injections in my lower back for pain from bulging discs. The day after the injections I was in worse pain than before the injections. I can now hardly walk at all, and it is painful to sit, stand, and lay down. The pain management Dr said this has never happened to one of his patients. He also said he doesn't want me as his patient anymore and gave me 30 days to find another Dr.

So yeah, pain in the hips can come with this FM thing. I also have pain shooting down both legs, and painful numbness in both legs. My feet feel like pins and needles and it hurts to walk because of the foot pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
(female)

saphirz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingHurts View Post
I get pain in both hips, but it's usually a shooting pain like a bolt of hot lightning. It happens when I walk, usually when going down the stairs.

Two months ago I got 2 epidural steroid injections in my lower back for pain from bulging discs. The day after the injections I was in worse pain than before the injections. I can now hardly walk at all, and it is painful to sit, stand, and lay down. The pain management Dr said this has never happened to one of his patients. He also said he doesn't want me as his patient anymore and gave me 30 days to find another Dr.

So yeah, pain in the hips can come with this FM thing. I also have pain shooting down both legs, and painful numbness in both legs. My feet feel like pins and needles and it hurts to walk because of the foot pain.

sounds like cyotica nerve pain, the cyotica nerve runs down threw your hips to your feet, when its being pinched it can cause great pain, pins and needles and some times a cold burning feeling.
You might want to have a dr check this out. its very common in females.

Saphirz

Old 04-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Hi all, I have a lot of the head, neck, shoulder pain, but I also have the lower back, hip pain. I am severely stiff at times and I do improve from time to time. But I always have the pain, just in different degrees.
Heating pad didnt help, physical therapy helped some. Chiroprator helped some.. Im reccomending crunches. Tightening your stomach muscles helps support your back better. I think I might try it, it worked for me in the past. When I was healthier with back pain. Who knows maybe it could help?
Feel Well, Felicia

Old 04-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
(female)

kristi1 HB User

I have pain in my hips. the dr. said it is bursitis and has given me steroid injections. they usually make the pain better for several weeks.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

EverythingHurts HB User

Thanks for the advice Saphirz. I had an MRI recently and it doesn't show anything pinching the nerves. Oh, and I'm not female, hehehe.

Thanks though, I appreciate any input!

Last edited by EverythingHurts; 04-22-2007 at 12:11 AM.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
(female)

saphirz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingHurts View Post
Thanks for the advice Saphirz. I had an MRI recently and it doesn't show anything pinching the nerves. Oh, and I'm not female, hehehe.

Thanks though, I appreciate any input!
opps my bad.. I think males can also have that trouble to as the same as females. but its good that it didnt show them being pinch.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
(female)

merphi1024 HB User

hi.......I was just diagnosed with FM today,but it's something I've suspectied for some time. I've been having problems with my lower back, my muscles are always stiff and my hips and knees have been hurting a lot lately. Blood work came back negative and joint damage is negative as well. It seems all my tendons hurt around every major joint in my body.\and it's making me feel like I have the flu.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
(female)

Rebelrose HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by merphi1024 View Post
hi.......I was just diagnosed with FM today,but it's something I've suspectied for some time. I've been having problems with my lower back, my muscles are always stiff and my hips and knees have been hurting a lot lately. Blood work came back negative and joint damage is negative as well. It seems all my tendons hurt around every major joint in my body.\and it's making me feel like I have the flu.
I've Knowen I have FM for a while but have a drug problem and most doctors won't touch me. HELP

Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
(female)

merphi1024 HB User

RebelRose............how are you managing your FM then??

Old 10-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Nixi HB User

Hi , I have really bad pain in my lower back/ hips to the point that in the morning sometimes I can't move at all, I can't turn over, I can't sit up. It happened this morning and I couldn't get up til 12:00 and even then I had to force myself through pain and stiffness. Or I'd have been stuck in bed all day! Does anyone else get it to this extreme? That you can't move at all? Is this fibro, or do you think it could be something else?

Closed Thread