It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

EverythingHurts HB User
Exclamation Anyone been to the FIBROMYALGIA TREATMENT CENTER in Chicago?

Oops! I spelled "been" wrong in the header, but I can't edit it! Sorry!

Anyway, I was searching the internet for Fibromyalbia treatment and Dr's that treat/diagnose this illness, and I found a place called "Fibromyalgia Treatment Center of America" in Chicago, IL.

Has anyone here been to this center? Do you know if Dr's there diagnose FM or do they just treat pts with a previous dx?

I tried calling the center of course, but wouldn't you know, they're closed on Friday and all weekend, so I can't call again until Monday when they're open again. SO in the meantime, i wanted to ask if anyone here knows anythng about this center?

I haven't seen any similar centers listed in other parts of the country, but so far I found this place in Chicago and another center in suburban Chicago (MARIANJOY in Wheaton and Oak Brook, IL). It's good to know there are places to go for treatment specific to this illness!

Last edited by EverythingHurts; 04-20-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: obsessive compulsion to correct typos!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User
Re: Anyone been to the FIBROMYALGIA TREATMENT CENTER in Chicago?

I'm not far from Chicago, so if you find anything out about this Chicago place, let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

EverythingHurts HB User
Re: Anyone been to the FIBROMYALGIA TREATMENT CENTER in Chicago?

Hello sunshine! (I've always wanted to say that, LOL!)

I have an appt w/ a rheumy next week, then I have an appt at another FM treatment facility (read my other post re: MARIANJOY). I'm going to call this Fibro Treatment Center on Monday and see how soon I can get an apt. With my experience with Dr's and how long it takes to get an appt, I'm booking everyone I can find and once I get a dx I'll decide whether to keep the appts and keep seeking new Dr's or not. After 5 years of this #&^%, I'm sick of Dr's telling me nothing's wrong with me, or just loading me up with Rx's and sending me away. I'm fighting this with all I've got right now, and I'm not giving up without a real fight, No matter how many Dr's I have to see!

I'll let you know if I make it to thie center, and if so, what I think of them. I found them listed on the internet, so I really don't know anything about them. It's the only place listed on Yahoo in the Chicago area.

Take care...

Closed Thread