It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

kristi1 HB User
Managing Pain

I have pain in both hips and in my rib cage. I am also very stiff in the morning, or after I have been sitting down for an extended period of time. My doctor prescribed Lyrica for the rib cage pain, but I stopped taking it because I could not tell a difference. I also take hydrocodone for pain relief, only at night. Any suggestions...

Old 04-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

Nu2patch HB User
Re: Managing Pain

Hi!
I was wondering if u could tell me exactly what kind of rib pain ur having. I have horrible rib pain too and i would just like to know if its like mine. I also take norco and fentanyl for it. Please let me know if u dont mind.

thanks,
Nu2patch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
(female)

merphi1024 HB User

I had costochondritis once that sent me to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. Sharp pains that made it hard to breathe. I don't want that again. What type of pain is your rib pain?

Old 04-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
(female)

kristi1 HB User

My rib cage pain feels like tightness. Often it hurts to wear a bra. I do not have any shortness of breath. I am just very sore in my rib cage area. I have had several scans and x-rays. Nothing shows up, so the doctor just says it must be fibromyalgia.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
(female)

Nu2patch HB User

My pain is on the right side and pulls around too the back. When im asleep is when the real bad pain happens. It wakes me up and it feels very tight and its so hard to describe but it hurts so bad i cant move, breathe or roll over. When im sitting i can feel the pain pull around to the back. I have had many ct scans and mris and exrays and all came up with nothing. I wear the fetanyl patch 75mg and take norco for breakthru pain. Now my dr is leaving and i had a appt today to see if a dr in his clinic would take over my care but no one wants me, so now im dealing with that. Just when i got all my pain management in control this happens. I hope they find out what is causing ur pain. My ob said they r probably calling my pain fibro and thats because they dont know what it is so they need a name, i dont know what to beleive.
Hugs to all

Nu2patch

Old 04-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
(female)

shelovescliche HB User

Celebrex actually has helped a lot with my pain. It's an NSAID, so it doesn't make you drowsy or dopey, and it's easier on the stomach than taking advil every day, which can cause serious problems long term.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
(female)

merphi1024 HB User

Pain's been bad today especially in my ankles and knees. My doc said I have tendonitits and bursitis, and the tendonitis is in every major joint. I refused when he offered Celebrex cause of the health scare there was in the past with that and Bextra. I have high blood pressure and mital valve prolapse and don't want any further problems so I take ibuprofen, but sometimes it doen't even take the edge off the pain. I think it's the pain that makes me tired so much of the time, it's wearing me out. He said next time I come in and if I'm still in lots of pain he'll give me Lyrica. Does this work? I'm just newly diagnosed and don't know what to do for the pain.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
(female)

kristi1 HB User

the lyrica seemed to work for awhile, but not i can't tell a change. my fibro problems have their ups and downs. one day my ribs will hurt, the next my neck, the next my back or hips. it seems to be a never ending cycle of uncomfortableness

Closed Thread