It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
surgery friday, may be away from here a bit to recover.

hiya kids,
just wanted to check in, say blessings of spring to you all. blessings of warm weather ahead to ease your aches.
friday is the day. it is a one nite stay for sure after that depends on how i do. mostly i hope the lesion on my foot that is now infected does not bring all of this to a halt. will know wednesday at pre op appt.
mostly i ask my fibro to go on holiday far away so it does not find this new playground and make recovery just that much more work. so go fibro, fly off to jamaica or rio where it is warm and the drinks are free. fibro can drink, i can't. giggle.
i will check in when i can. the week is busy with obligations to wrap up so i can focus on healing when i come home. i hear it is a pretty easy do, if i do exactly as instructed. no worry there. everything can wait.
so be well my fam. welcome new faces. hang tough. it ain't an easy ride, just doable.
peace, love, healing, stars and hugs,
bluelakelady

Old 04-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
(female)

saphirz HB User
Re: surgery friday, may be away from here a bit to recover.

Good luck in your coming days. I hope your FM does take a vacation long enought to heal. Think positive! the mind is the best healer, it just doesnt know what to do with pain forsure.
And HI there Im one of the new ones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User

Yes, you will be fine I'm sure. SEnd that fibro off somewhere so you can recover quickly.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

bilij HB User

Hello Blue, my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. You are
such a fast healer, this will be a snap. Enjoy your night in the hospital.
Tell them an old nurse said to give you special treatment like an extra pillow, a cup of late night tea or ice cream....maybe an extra pain pill. I still
remember you ''Shadow'' story. I loved it.
Your Alabam friend,
Bilij

Old 04-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

thank you all for your kind words. tomorrow is pre op. and a trip to gurneville, home of art and old hippies and the rather rich. it is where my friend on the mountain will be moving. a reward to me for being good and going to the doctor. and a trip to deliver two stone carvings he created to a gallery to sell, meet some of his old friends and play, play, play.
bilij, thank you for reminding me of the shadow story. i often look down and we converse. a good bit lately. fortunatly i have a friend who is an r.n. at the hospital i am going to be in. will call her thursday to let her know i will be there so she can watch over me. i will for sure tell them what you said if they get snippy.
time to make burritos and then head back up the mountain. it is warm here. feels so good i think fibro just may be lured away. hope, hope. hope springs eternal.
peace,
blue

Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi my dear friend,

You are in my thoughts and prayers as well as our other buddies. Good luck on your surgery, I hope everything goes well. I hope your surgeon is a real hunk, then you will not want to be put under, lol. If he is hunk ring the buzzer for him, the murse probably won't come anyhow.

I want to send my fm and costo to the bottom of the sea so it cannot return, drown the darn things. I am just grateful for those days that the pain is tolerable anymore.

Hope that foot improves also, it is always something isn't it? I have a bunion that is giving me grief.

Sending you love, healing thoughts and joy in your heart.

Love, your bud, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 AM   #7
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Oh Blue, my prayers and blessings to you for a speedy recovery. Come back to us soon. I have often wondered how fibro affects surgery. I dont know if I could handle the recovery. I have always been ultra keen to pain, I guess thats why for me, I feel pain every day from fibro, good and bad days. Being artistic with a vivid imagination, sympathy pain for others who try to explain their pains or injuries has always made me cover my ears and "lalala" out load! LOL! Probably one of the biggest things that had me always wondering if maybe this WAS all in my head being my imagination always seemed to have a mind of its own.
God willing, I will never know how recovery from needed surgery is. I have thought about elective surgery, getting a forehead lift and my under eye area lifted...this is something I have considered since I was 16. I have what my brother used to call, puppy dog eyes...no wonder why I love my Basset Hound. They say people start to look like their pets after a while, I just desided to skip the change and get the dog that looks like me. LOL. I have always had dark circles and uneven skin under my eyes and a heavy brow. Would love to, but probably never will. Im afraid of the pain.
YES, the weather has warmed here and I have had a shot in the a$$. I spent four days in a row outside gardening and yard cleaning. A little help from my provigil and I can actually keep up a good pace most of the day. Unfortunately my body feels it and my hands and shoulders hurt so bad, I could hardly move yesterday. I also dont take my provigil for a few days to get some rest and recoop. Rhuemy thinks Im ADD, so the provigil keeps my attention on the job at hand.
Blue, that town sounds WONDERFUL my kind of hippy town, kind-of sounds like Woodstock, N.Y.
Again I go on........sorry. Please know I am praying for you and that your fibro shows no signs before, during or after.
Hope to see you back soon.
Feel Well, Felicia

Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi blue, just popped in to start a thread to wish you good luck on Friday but this is so much better, words from you. I have been having those foggy memory days of late (too much on my mind) but I keep remembering that Fri. is the big lift for you. I will send healing thoughts to you all weekend and I will send thoughts of steady hands and gifted healing to the docs. I know you will be fine and will be up and going before you know it, a little birdie told me and if a little birdie talks to me and better yet I listen, you know it's true. You remember about me and birds!

What a great time you will have on the day before you surgury. Don't worry about the foot it will be fine. Enjoy yourself.....Send your fibro with mine I have been working mine so much and been so busy it decided to go find a hiding place for a while. They can hide together and when they come out I will send them right back.

Take care of yourself, I don't have a lot of time lately for the boards but that will change. I always think of you and everyone here, you are never far from my thoughts. I will look forward to that first post from you with your new look....on the inside that is!

Glojer

Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #9
(female)

cantell HB User

Hope I am not to late to send you a speedy recovery and get well soon wish!
dont push the little friend button that they pin on your very reveling hospital gown! (I put one on frontwards and one on backwards that way its like a gown and a robe. and no one see's my bum!) The nurses kinda raised their eyebrows at me for it! deny, deny, deny!!!

last week I was having such rotton luck around the homestead the Hubby called me last friday from work and said he was taking me to panama city beach for the weekend..ahhhhh sun,sand and Ice cold.... salt water..my fibro gave me pain but as you say *doable* up until time to travel back home needless to say it was a complete misery! I wanted to have hubby to pull over several times and just leave me on the side of the road for the buzzards.
but I have to tell you it sure felt good laying in the sand, the sun beaming down on me po bones and muscles! (if I only had it in my backyard)

was it worth it? NO..I wont travel 5 hours anywhere anymore for love nor money.

So come back sooon bluelake lady..you make a difference on these boards and I would sorely miss ya!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hiya kids,
thanks one and all. your are the best. sorry linda the doc is a she. do you think i would let a man do this to me? with a woman i get understanding, ya know? she has a vagina too. giggle. i really like her. she says with all her patients she holds their hand and stays in eyesight until they are asleep. is that sweet or what? i have had alot of surgeries and never had a male doc hold my hand. she is my first female surgeon.
i will check in as soon as i can after i get home. remember no news is good news. if it comes to it i can ask my mom who is a member to post here. she is a peach and i think that would be okay with the moderators. they know about us. giggle. hi mods!!!
i am out of here soon to spend my last night on the mountain for a week at least. it will be good to be at this home for a bit. no hunky handbloke but hey, whatcha want for home and a working brother. giggle. the hunky handbloke goes with the mountain. too far from the hospital should i need them.
hang tough kids.
oh, surgery with fibro is not so bad. i have had 3. both eyes. fibro is there now. my knee and fibro found that too. healing went well. we live with pain every day that is unexplainable. pain you know the why of is more bearable, also giving that it will, in time go away. love that part. i too hope you never find out. surgery is a real invasion of body and body really does prefer not to be invaded with sharp objects. duh! giggle.
swinging out of here dancing all the way . . .
love,
blue

Old 04-30-2007, 05:05 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

greetings all,
ah, my own bed. my own coffee!!! my own toilet. it is good to be home. all went well. feels weird. i can see the anchors for the "hammock" that now holds my urethra up. trippy.
sorta uncomfortable to sit so i am out of here for now. be well. stay active. keep thoughts of healing and laughter in the front of your mind. i will check in each day. just cannot be long winded, giggle.
thank you all for the energy you sent. i felt so surrounded by you all. best blanket i ever slept under.
love,
blue

Old 04-30-2007, 07:01 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Blue,

Good to see you here and that you are on the mend.so now your bladder is back to where it should be, how is the rest of the body? My g-friend had the Hammock done about four years ago, I had no idea there was discomfort from it, hope things get better soon.

Sending you warm, sunny days, lots of hugs, and kisses from the breeze.

Your bud, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 04-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi ya blue, so glad to hear everything is up and 'righty tighty'! Rest and relax and let yourself heal. Now that you are home you will heal so much quicker, cause you are right there is nothing better than your own bed and your own toilet....giggle! Don't forget to breath, it will help you so much. I've been doing pretty good lately, just a few days of fibro flare last week. I want to get time to get to the boards and catch up but can't seem to lately. But I am remembering to breath and I know I will make it sooner or later.

Glojer

Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

Hi Blue ...well I was too late to wish you luck on the surgery ,but I'm happy to see you are home and everything went well. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts. Plrease add my energy to your blanket.
hugs ...Kat

Old 05-01-2007, 06:31 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

HOORAY!!! i went poo poo today!! yes it is a big deal. a very big deal. giggle. yipeeeeeee! so glad that works too. guess the bum lift worked. tee hee.
thank you all for your kind words and gentle thougths. most of all thank you for the precious energy you gift me with. i am a woman with riches beyond measure.
my neighbors are taking good care of me. elena brought me mexican chicken soup yesterday and will be back today with more food. i love, love, love mexican food. my neighbor ed across the street and his wife kathy are also bringing food and she is a dietician at the local hospital so she turned me on to some drinks to help boost my body since food is such an issue. down to 119 this morning. not good. elena and ed will fatten me up. giggle.
i cannot express how much human kindness means to me. it is the very foundation of life.
keep your fingers crossed. so far fibro is still basking in the sun and drinking rum and listening to bob marley. giggle. stay there my sweets, as long as you like.
love hugs and giggles,
blue

Closed Thread