Newbie with questions
Hello. I am new here and after trawling the internet for ideas on what might be wrong with me, I think Fibromyalgia seems to come the closest. I would like to push my doctor for a proper diagnosis but I don’t want to come across as a total hypochondriac. I have been referred to a physiotherapist for neck and elbow pains and a blood test showed that my iron levels were low-ish and that this could be the cause of my fatigue. However, I am a relatively fit 33 year old and I am sure it can not be normal for me to feel the way I do every day. My symptoms are as follows
• Constant pain in my elbows and neck and sometimes my knees. My elbows are extremely sore to touch and at times the pain is so bad I can’t carry things.
• Constantly feeling tired
• Wake up in the mornings with an all over achy feeling (we got a new memory foam mattress which has not seemed to help me)
• Often get a fluey feeling that never develops into flu
• Suffered from anxiety and panic attacks in the past
• Burning sensation in my feet (not very often)
• Burning sensation down my leg (this has happened a few times recently and really scared me)
• Sensitivity to flashing lights and strong smells like bleach
• Other things like cold extremities, mixing up words, brain fog etc
The symptoms all come and go (except the fatigue and muscle ache) and are not debilitating, however, I am fed up with constantly feeling achy and tired. Do you think it could be worth me asking my doctor to check for Fibromyalgia?
On another note I was interested to see what people had to say about aspartame in diet drinks. I have noticed that I often get a sore throat and feel worse after I drink a diet soda.
Any thoughts appreciated and great to find a board with so much help and advice.