It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

tuktu HB User
Newbie with questions

Hello. I am new here and after trawling the internet for ideas on what might be wrong with me, I think Fibromyalgia seems to come the closest. I would like to push my doctor for a proper diagnosis but I don’t want to come across as a total hypochondriac. I have been referred to a physiotherapist for neck and elbow pains and a blood test showed that my iron levels were low-ish and that this could be the cause of my fatigue. However, I am a relatively fit 33 year old and I am sure it can not be normal for me to feel the way I do every day. My symptoms are as follows
• Constant pain in my elbows and neck and sometimes my knees. My elbows are extremely sore to touch and at times the pain is so bad I can’t carry things.
• Constantly feeling tired
• Wake up in the mornings with an all over achy feeling (we got a new memory foam mattress which has not seemed to help me)
• Often get a fluey feeling that never develops into flu
• Suffered from anxiety and panic attacks in the past
• Burning sensation in my feet (not very often)
• Burning sensation down my leg (this has happened a few times recently and really scared me)
• Sensitivity to flashing lights and strong smells like bleach
• Other things like cold extremities, mixing up words, brain fog etc

The symptoms all come and go (except the fatigue and muscle ache) and are not debilitating, however, I am fed up with constantly feeling achy and tired. Do you think it could be worth me asking my doctor to check for Fibromyalgia?

On another note I was interested to see what people had to say about aspartame in diet drinks. I have noticed that I often get a sore throat and feel worse after I drink a diet soda.

Any thoughts appreciated and great to find a board with so much help and advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

Nu2patch HB User
Re: Newbie with questions

Hi and Welcome!
I dont really have any great advice for u but i just wanted to welcome here and say hi. There r many nice people here who will give u great advice. One thing though i have heard alot of bad stuff regarding the diet stuff. I cant remember where i read it or exactly what it said but when u mentioned it, it brought back some memory. It had to do with pain of some sort. Im sorry i dont know more. Maybe we could ****** it and find out more? Welcome again.

Nu2patch

Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
(female)

natesmommie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu2patch View Post
Hi and Welcome!
I dont really have any great advice for u but i just wanted to welcome here and say hi. There r many nice people here who will give u great advice. One thing though i have heard alot of bad stuff regarding the diet stuff. I cant remember where i read it or exactly what it said but when u mentioned it, it brought back some memory. It had to do with pain of some sort. Im sorry i dont know more. Maybe we could ****** it and find out more? Welcome again.

Nu2patch
I would askthe dr if you might have fibro,because you have some of the systoms of fibro

Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

It never hurts to ask your doctor anything!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Closed Thread