It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User
Question for Elmhar

Hi Elmhar. I checked one of the books you recommend out of the library "From Fatigued to Fabulous." In the Other Treatment list it mentioned taking naltrexone, 3 mg twice a day. It did not give any details about why or what it would do. I was confused by the twice a day. In your reading and research have you come across this? Everything I have read says to take it between 9 pm and 12 am. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Question for Elmhar

Gosh, Betsy Ann, I really don't know that much about LDN.

What I do know about Teitelbaum, is that his books will often suggest dosages of alt. med stuff (which I'm more familiar with) that seem higher than the dosage that works for me. So, perhaps it is that he writes what he has found to be both "safe and effective" for many people, while some of us will find an effective lower dose.

Things that are dosed twice per day may be so dosed because of the typical half-life of the drug is less than 24 hrs. Some individuals have atypical metab. & the drug may stay in their system longer, or shorter, than the average person.

It's also possible there is an error in the book.

If once a day works great for you, I wouldn't fuss with it too much. I suppose you could try a divided dose, to see if there's any tweaking that could be done, but you the saying, if it ain't broke ...

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User

Elmhar, thanks for responding. The LDN really is working very well for me. My understanding is that you want to block the endorphines during the middle of the night so that your body will produce more. I have read that your body produces almost all of its endorphines around 2:00 am. Taking LDN during the day would block the endorphines but wouldn't make you produce more. I would think by blocking the daytime endorphines you would have more pain. Maybe this is a typo. If not I would be very interested in the "why."

By the way thanks for recommending the book. It is very informative. I checked it out of the library, but I'm afraid it's one I am going to have to purchase for my personal library.

Our local library system did not have "1-2-3 Pain Free." (I think that is what it is called.) I am basically pain free these day so I did not bother to purchase it. Would you do me a favor and look in your copy tand see if it talks about LDN? If it does, see if it gives the same recommended dose.

Thanks for all of your help.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-01-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: please do not ask members to violate the posting policy

Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Betsy Ann,

I own FFTF, but not the PF123 book. That one I got from my local public library, but I don't have it out right now. I'll try to remember to ck. later this week, if the book isn't checked out by someone else. When I find out what it says about LDN, I will post.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User

Thanks Elmhar. You are so awesome!

Closed Thread