It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

slothlips HB User
New to board have question about meds!

hello everyone,i am new to the board and i just wanted to say hello. i am a 289 yr old female who was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia,apperently i have had it for years but did not know what it was.i recently got insurance abd was able to go have alot of teat run which all showed nothing so i was refered to rheumatologist who said i had fibromyalgia,and right now its bad! she started me in ibeprofen,8900mg 3x a day and ambian cr 12.5 mg at night and when i go back in two weeks is talking about adding in a pill for pain and a n anti-depressent.she wants we to take things slow so i dont shock my systems.im going crazy,i hurt all the time and i am so tired,anyway i was wondering if anyone could tell me what meds they take and how well they work for them and any other advice you have for a newbie? thanks so much.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

tired-of-it-all HB User
Re: New to board have question about meds!

hey in answer to your question on what meds that are being taken, i take methadone i was given 40 mgs for 24 hours and vicodin for breakthrough they both work great together the only time its still rough is in the cold weather. my doctor next monday is going to try to give me oxycodone for breakthrough just to switch for a little while. my body is getting used to vicodin so he wants me to switch for a little bit. so i really can't tell you how that one works as of yet haven't tried it yet. but i do think it was the best for me to use methadone its long lasting and stays in the system it doesn't make me to tired to be able to function and it doesn't make me high. so i hope that helps keep us posted
tired-of-it-all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

inda HB User

hi!

I currently use DarvocettN100 and Baclofen, I have used the methadone and ambien. I also have clinical depression and anxiety and insomnia. I take Cymbalta which really helps with the Fibro pain and also take doxepin as a kicker for the depression .. am looking into taking a tricyclic ad to help with the fibro and use Thorazine for sleep.. it kinda works. Had trouble with the Ambien ( not the CR have not tried it) causing black outs and binge eating. I also take Buspar for the anxiety. These days am not sure where the fibro starts and the depression and anxiety start and end. I was dxd in 1991 but had it for a long time.. I also have 6 girl cousins 5 in one family all dxd with this so I believe there is a genetic link.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
(female)

natesmommie HB User

I take evail100mgs,bedtime,10mg flexrill,cymbalta 60mg 2times a day,ulcet apapas needed for pain,lrica 150 mg 2times a day

Closed Thread