It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

desperate1 HB User
What is going on with me?

Hello all--happy Friday. Hope this post finds everyone well, or at least getting there! It is so strange to be dealing with the odd number of symptoms we all have.
I wanted to ask if anyone experienes this. I've read the posts on "brain fog," but I am dealing with that and also this complete lack of ability to concentrate. I cannot even read long posts on the boards--I get through a sentence and literally cannot concentrate long enough to go on. I skip around the post and get an idea of what it says, but I cannot even force myself to read it straight through. It's not that I don't want to. I just can't. I can't read anything anymore. I can't concentrate long enough even to look up information on the Internet. I find myself hearing only parts of what people say to me, it's like I have no control over tuning them out, or my brain moves on without me or something. It's becoming very difficult to function because of this, and when I tell my doctors they just nod and move on. I cannot get them to take me seriously.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: What is going on with me?

hi desperate,
take a deep breath and relax. welcome to the bizarre world of fibro. we learn to laugh at our goof ups and we teach those around us to laugh with us. there is nothing a doctor can do for you. they nod because they are helpless. there is no simple explaination they can give you, why? because they are clueless too.
i would like to put your mind at ease by saying i have been getting lost for over a decade. i am used to it. for a couple of years reading was out. i loved to read. so i learned to paint instead. i would read and read and still be lost so i quit reading. why make myself even more batty?
hope this helps you feel a bit less stress.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. oh yes, i did regain some of my ability to read. i adapted to reading a few pages of a book at a time. i do not set a goal of reading a book from cover to cover. i set little goals and before i know it i have finished my book and i remember enough. being able to adapt will save your sanity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2007, 05:24 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

forgot to say, giggle, concentration? what's that???? i seem to remember the word from long ago in another life. oh yea! that was 1995. now, what was the question? giggle. learn to laugh my dear new friend. learn to laugh.
peace,
bluelakelady
what were we talking about again??? giggle, giggle.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
(female)

desperate1 HB User

bluelakelady, thanks for making me laugh! I guess it's just another part of life where I will have to make "adjustments."

Old 05-06-2007, 06:43 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

you are most welcome. remember to adjust with laughter. age changes us all. from diaper to dust we do nothing else except adapt to everchanging circumstances within and without. healthy or not life is about adapting each time and keeping your joy alive.
i have had 3 strokes and believe me i have learned much about adapting, and relearning what i already knew. it is not as hard as you think. it is that first step toward evolving that is so scary. after that it is a breeze. i am delighted to say you would never know i had them unless i told you, should you meet me on the street. determination and a desire to adapt fully to every new me i awaken to each morning.
never forget, no matter what illness you have, you decide if you laugh or cry. you and no one else. i choose laughter.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread