It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
(female)

justnotfair HB User
Fibro + Sex - What's going on?

Well, in my eyes I have had this "Fibro" forever but only dx'd last Fall. Anyhow, I have a wonderful man in my life that has gone through so many ups and downs with me but the one area we always cherished, i despise.

The pain can get so terrible, if feels like the first time. And I do desire and think of him, but when it gets time, it begins okay and then it goes for a turn for the worse. I typically end up crying and my body falls into a fatigue/pain episode. Given the way it makes me feel it turns me off from wanting to get physical.

I have been the OB and those tests always come out fine so it just has to be the Fibro. However, what can I do about this. I am so young.

I do not take any of the Fibro drugs.

I just feel so bad for him because he is so devoted and committed. I miss enjoying making love; now, it feels like punishment more than "celebration".

Old 05-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
(female)

desperate1 HB User
Re: Fibro + Sex - What's going on?

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. Not sure if this will help you, but I have extremely similar issues. My doctor says most autoimmune issues go hand in hand with other autoimmune issues and after much pushing and begging for help, I have been diagnosed with something called DIV, desquamous inflammatory vaginitis (not sure I spelled that right), which is essentially lichen planus, an autoimmunie disease treated with hydrocortisone or a steroid cream. Most people respond to one short course of treatment. I, on the other hand, have been undergoing treatment for almost 3 years and still am not 100%.
Couldn't hurt to ask your gyn about this. From what my gyn has told me and what I've read, it's often missed because there isn't a lot known about it, but my gyn feels it might be more common in patients also suffering from things like fibro, cfs, lupus, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Fibro + Sex - What's going on?

may i suggest exploring positions. i find there are some i simply cannot do anymore, and others surfaced out of need. be creative and be okay with stopping if there is pain, and try something else. intercourse does not always have to be an aspect of a love making expression. again be creative. don't wait till you are in such pain you are crying. speak out. there is a reason we call it love making. yes?
peace and snuggle time with your honey,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread