It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Glojer and others people from St. Louis

and surrounding areas as well.

My mom has finally agreed that it might prove beneficial to take me to a rheumatologist. About time.

For those of you who don't know about all that (or don't remember), my mom had had bad experiences with the 2 she had gone and seen many years ago. So, she would never let me.

But, now I talked her into it.

SO, I was going to ask if anyone in or around the St. Louis area could recommend or knows of a good rheumatologist. It would be a great help!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Glojer and others people from St. Louis

Godsgirl sorry I didn't get to see this sooner. I have heard of a few that others have liked. My rhuemy is way in north county off McDonnell Blvd. and shackleford. He is older and I like him, but he is conservative and I must admitt I do have a love/hate relationship with him. He frustrates me sometimes but he also answers all my questions and gives me great info. His name is Dr. Francisco Garriga.

The physical therapist that came to help braveman said his wife saw a rhuemy named Dr. Budd. They really liked him and he is in the Clayton area. Actually he is right next to St. Marys hospital in the medical bldg. there on Clayton rd., they have a parking garage and it is easy to get to. One more name is Dr. Baldasari but I don't have his info in front of me, I promise I will get back to you with that. He was recommended by a lady I exercise with.

You of course will have to check to see if any doc is under your insurance. Perhaps you could call your primary care doc and ask for a recommendation. Also call your local favorite hospital and tell them the kind of doc you are looking for and the kind of personality you want in a doc. They will give you a list of names of docs who work from that hospital.

Dr. Garriga is a good doc, he will treat you for what is wrong with you but he is not so quick on the lupus diagnosis. If your blood work doesn't show him lupus he plays a wait and see game. I said conservative and he is. I think Dr. Budd is a younger doc and maybe more progressvie.

Anyway I have to get going I will get the other info for you on Dr. Baldasari and try to get back here this afternoon.

Glojer

Last edited by Glojer; 05-08-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

kathyd HB User

Glojer - I am a patient of Dr. Baldassare. The office I go to is at:
522 N NEW BALLAS RD STE 240
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
314-567-5100
but I think he has an office in St. Charles as well. How coincidental that your doctor is only a few miles from my home in Florissant. I have lived here for 20 years and had no idea there was a rheumatologists office right there by Sally Beauty. Have a good day, GodsGirl, hope this helps. I really like Dr. Baldassare. He is in his late 50's I would guess and very compassionate.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Kathyd, this is comical. Your Dr. Baldassare is just a few miles from me, I live in Chesterfield and I know exactly where the 522 building is on Ballas. By the way, don't know your age but if you ever go on Tues.. The Pasta House right down the street has senior citizens discount on Tues. night (after 4pm I think). We always manage to need to do something that night in that direction!!! That is so funny, I just know my way to Dr. Garrigas office, don't know much about florrisant but I know it is known as the city of flowers..is that correct. My hubby sees his partner Dr. Baak. I really like Dr. Garriga but Dr. Baak was one of those docs my hubby had to see for his illness, he was recommended. We really didn't realize it would be the same place when Dr. Baak was recommended. I actually have not been that pleased with him but my hubby was so bad he needed treatment and I didn't want him to switch docs in mid treatment.

Godsgirl lives south so I would say your Dr. Baldassare would be a good choice for her. Thank you for chiming in with the info cause I couldn't find the paper Marilyn had written his info on. One of those..I put it away so I wouldn't lose it things..and now I don't remember where I put it!

Godsgirl I hope this helps, hang in there and let us know how you are doing. Oh, I forgot to tell you the wife of the physical therapist who treated my hubby was diagnosed with lupus. She is the one who sees Dr. Budd.

Glojer

Last edited by Glojer; 05-08-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Thanks you guys. I'll pitch all these to my mom and see what she thinks.

And anymore suggestions are welcome if anyone else is in/around St. Louis!

And, Glojer, I'm not a senior citizen (I feel like one though!! lol) so maybe, if you really do go to that Pasta House on Tuesdays, I could arrange accidently stopping by there sometime . . .

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis

Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Godsgirl, sounds like a plan to me. There is so much to do on that 'corner'. Borders is there and a paper and craft place and a jewelry store and an excercise equipment store. Borders is my choice, I noticed the other day they are putting in a Starbucks or was it a Seattle Best (I guess I didn't notice so well after all...hee hee!)in the place of their food area. Don't you work at a Borders or maybe you use to, I could be thinking of someone else. Anyway you may join us at any time!

Glojer

Old 05-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #7
(female)

kathyd HB User

Glojer, How funny that you live West and go to the doctor in Florissant and I live in Florissant and go to the doctor in west county. I am 47 and my husband and I built our house almost 20 years ago. We raised our 2 children here but are now looking to move closer to Clayton as that is where his office is. My son is a junior at Arizona State and my daughter is finishing her freshman year at St. Louis University, so now is a good time for us to move. Except for the summers, we are basically empty nesters. If only I could summon the energy to start organizing things to pack. Have you ever tried amitriptyline for your fibro? That is what I have been on for 6 months and I really don't notice any difference in the pain control. Do you have any suggestions for the energy problem? If anyone out there has found something that helps with the energy issue I would appreciate your input. Thanks everybody.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Haha, Glojer, I actually do work at a bookstore--it's just Barnes and Noble, not Borders. lol. They are the competition. And I start full time work for the summer tomorrow. I close tomorrow night and open Friday morning. Lovely, huh? Good thing I have the weekend off because I'll be recouping. Full-time work is gonna be hard, but I have to, I literally HAVE TO. So, I'll tough it. I might have to vent a bit during the summer, but hopefully none of you will mind!

Ah yes, and I showed my mom the names you guys have given me and I think she is going to give Dr. Baldassare a call sometime next week. I'm quite excited because hopefully a rheumy can do something for me! Anything to help me and my pain!

Okay, I'm feeling pretty darn icky tonight and it is later than I wanted to go to bed. I wanted a very cold glass of milk before I went to bed but I forgot to put a glass in the freezer to freeze before I put the milk in it. I like it like that, because I want my milk cold, but not frosty (like with bits of ice in it). So, I decided to get on here while my glass freezes. It should be done by now though. And I am sure that was more than anybody needed or wanted to know, but oh well!

All of you guys have a great day!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis

Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathyd, 20yrs. in the same house, we had 15 in the house we raised our children in and I had so much ' stuff ' to pack up. My fibro was not really bad then. It is hard to believe we have 12 in our condo and I think I have more 'stuff' than I did before.

Yes I did take amitriptylene but only for a very short while. It is not the kind of drug for me. It gave me such a hangover the next morning, I just felt kind of, 'oh, ho-hum'. I really didn't like it. What has helped my energy is getting my thyroid in better shape. I have started taking cytomel which is a T3 drug and it has really helped. I am waiting for the results of my second blood test since starting it and then I was going to post a thread about how it has helped me.

I have taken synthroid for several years getting up to 112mcg and getting my tsh jumping between .87 and 1.35 but could not get rid of the overwhelming fatigue. I was finally able to talk to my doc and get started on a T3 med which I was sure would help and so far it has. I can't say I am 100% but so much better. I still have to pace myself and if I don't or can't for some reason I go into that awful flare and fatigue. That's just part of it I think. My thread about getting on new thyroid meds I think is titled Fibro fatigue and Thyroid. If you want some very good info on thyroid and fibro put a thread out there for Elmhar she is great at the info on that. There is also a thyroid board that I have used to gather info also.

I am just a wee bit older than you, about 11yrs. I am 58 and my children have already done the full tour of college and weddings. And one divorce! And she is thinking of returning for her masters. This time of life is so fun and exciting as they make their way through college and into life on their own. We stayed in the same area when we moved, from one end of Chesterfield to the other (we are real explorers)but we have friends who moved to the Clayton, Brentwood area in a condo and love it.

Glojer

Closed Thread