It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

desperate1 HB User
lyrica

My doctor has suggested I may need to start using lyrica soon. I've read some things about it that make me nervous. Has anyone used this and experienced weight gain or other side effects? I'm interested to hear about people's experiences with their meds. I can't exercise like I used to so I'm already gaining weight and I'm not willing to gain more. I know it sounds crazy, but to me it's very important.
Hope everyone is well today!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

NancyJones HB User
Re: lyrica

I just started Lyrica on Friday, 50 mg. 3x/day. The only side affect I've noticed is being a little tired, and kind of a mild drunk feeling. But honestly it's kind of nice because it has subdued my anxiety quite a bit. This is the first day where I feel it might be working, my pain is greatly reduced today. I have noticed I find myself eating more or craving more. But I'm hoping that with the pain reduction, I'll exercise more and counteract any weight gain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
(female)

gunner00 HB User

I have been taking 50 mg of Lyrica twice a day since February 2007. I notice immediate change and the pain in my hands disappeared. I was sooo happy to feel like I may get my life back again.
As I have increased my exercise the pain in my hands and joints has come back but usually it isn't too bad. I have been going to a massage therapist which helps work out the muscle pain.
Lately, I have been trying desperately to lose weight. I have been eatting like a rabbit for almost three weeks and my weight hasn't changed. I didn't know there was possible weight gain with this drug. Maybe that is part of the reason I haven't been able to lose weight. If that is the case, that sucks!
This disease makes life so difficult. I can't exercise because my body hurts so I gain weight. Doctor says I need to lose weight. I take these drugs I feel better enough to exercise hoping to lose weight and nothing happens.
Double edge sword no matter what I do.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #4
(female)

desperate1 HB User

Thanks so much for your replies. Since I posted this I met three people who have been on it and gained weight. I guess it is a pretty common side effect based on my research on it. I'm also nervous because of the side effect of being groggy or tired. The last thing I need is more fatigue!
Well thanks for the insight! I'm grateful and wish you all the best!

Old 05-13-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
(female)

natesmommie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate1 View Post
Thanks so much for your replies. Since I posted this I met three people who have been on it and gained weight. I guess it is a pretty common side effect based on my research on it. I'm also nervous because of the side effect of being groggy or tired. The last thing I need is more fatigue!
Well thanks for the insight! I'm grateful and wish you all the best!

I've been taking lyrica for about 6mos,i take 150mg two times a day,i think it helps my restless leg syndrome
Bernadette

Closed Thread