It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

kaydenxo HB User
Need advice please respond urgent!!!

hello
I haven't posted recently, but i am in need of some urgent advice. I have 3 herniated discs, fibro, and DJD, my PM doc, had me on oxycontin, but wanted to put me on a longer acting med. so he prescribed me duragesic 75 MCG patches, i was on them years ago, when i was able to work and had good insurance which would cover the brand name, i have problems with the generic, i got my script filled and of course since in on welfare insurance i hadto get the generic, and had VERY bad side affects, first of all they weren't helping the pain, second of all i had severe diahrrea and vomiting in which caused me to become dehydrted, and in the hospital my PM doc contcted my insurance company and said i urgently needed the brand , however they denied my claim, so i had to pay 900$ for the patches, does anyone know of a way i could be reimbursed for this, i know its a longshot , but paying that drained my bank account, i have to have my meds due to the fact that i have a baby to care for as well as my handicapped 77 year old grandfather to care for, so i can't have bad days where i can rest in bed, meds like oxycontin, percocet, dilaudid etc. do not work for me, does anyone have any advice for me ???? i really need help....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #2
(female)

smackliet HB User
Re: Need advice please respond urgent!!!

I read somewhere that if you contact the company who makes the meds and tell them your hard ship they sometimes will give the rx free or greatly reduced. There should be contact info on the package.
I hope they help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Re: Need advice please respond urgent!!!

thats correct smack! my mom used to get her meds like that, thru the pharmacy company before the insurances kicked in for her. it really helped ALOT. Have the doctor call them directly, or look up company on internet, they usually have a number where you can ask for an application. sometimes they have the application on their website, just copy it, fill it out, have your doctor sign it and list the prescription and amount you take. Some companies are very good about giving you their meds.

Closed Thread