It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

tammy2000 HB User
In pain from car crash!

Hi havent posted in a while, seems like i only do when im in real need.
I was rear ended last friday, while stoped by a cable company flagger in a construction site. I had my 16 and 18 year daughters in the van with me. We was on our way to my 16 yr olds opening day at her play at the local collage. I had to call someone to pick her up and take her on to the play, i did get to the play a little late.
Im so glad that none of us was hurt bad, they are a little sore, but i havent slept since then. Im having migrains, leg cramps in the night, back and neck pain, and just general pain all over. we all went to the hospital the next day,, they didnt even do xrays, just gave us meds. so we are all going to a chiropractor today. I feel like ive been ran over by a bus!! meds arnt helping at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

tweiler HB User
Re: In pain from car crash!

Make sure they know you have a chronic condition which has been aggravated by the accident. My mom suffered from neuropathy and after and accident where and idiot backed into us as we drove through a parking lot, she was in more severe pain for weeks. Her dr had to up her pain meds. When the other guy's ins co found out my mom had a chronic condition, they contacted us very quickly and made arrangements to cover everything medical for all 3 of us and they gave her a very good settlement for her increased pain. To me, the important part was they agreed to pay for her meds for like 6 months (the pain and anti-inflammatory), plus her chiro and massage therapy. Unfortunately for me, that accident was prob the last straw that trigged my fibro because I can pinpoint that accident as when my symptoms became very noticeable.

Massage therapy can really help if you go to someone good @ their job.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #3
(female)

spiritofsal HB User
Smile Re: In pain from car crash!

Sorry to hear about your accident Tammy, but glad to hear that you and your daughters didn't get hurt more seriously. I hope you get better with each passing day. However, you should go to your family doctor, and have him/her check you over to make sure that you didn't do any other damage to your body. I know it's hard to tell sometimes with people with fibromyalgia, but explain to the doctor what happened and make sure they give you a good once over. Good Luck! GBU

Sally

Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: In pain from car crash!

Tammy I agree with spirit, you should go see your family doc for a check-up. This could trigger a pretty good flare and you definitly want to be prepared with whatever medication may help you.

Closed Thread