It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User
What is wrong?

Every joint and muscle in my body hurts, my memory is gone, i wake up in the morning and I'm spaced out and foggy for half the day, can't concentrate,
The worst of my pain is in my shoulder, neck and hips (especially hips). I have weight gain, jaw pain and sensitivity to light and noise. When I have a flare, all the symptoms worsen for a couple days. I'm so weak, some days I can't even get out of bed. I usually lay around in my pajamas, because I can't stand to be dressed. Does anyone else feel like this? Does this sound like fibro or lupus?

Last edited by sunshine8790; 05-11-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:32 AM   #2
(female)

tweiler HB User
Re: What is wrong?

I have fibro myself and a lot of what you are describing was me before I was dxed and started on meds. See if you can get an appt for a rheumy, they can tell you if it is fibro for sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

[QUOTE=sunshine8790;2978608]Every joint and muscle in my body hurts, my memory is gone, i wake up in the morning and I'm spaced out and foggy for half the day, can't concentrate,
The worst of my pain is in my shoulder, neck and hips (especially hips). I have weight gain, jaw pain and sensitivity to light and noise. When I have a flare, all the symptoms worsen for a couple days. I'm so weak, some days I can't even get out of bed. I usually lay around in my pajamas, because I can't stand to be dressed. Does anyone else feel like this? Does this sound like fibro or lupus?[/QUOTe
Your symptoms sound like Lyme disease to me, have you looked at the symptoms of Lyme? You shoulder, neck and jaw pain are a classic symptom that everyone with LD seems to share, even though alot of the other symptoms they don't. I was given a fibro diag. by my rheumi over 8 years ago and told that even though my Lupus tests were neg. I would eventually come up pos. for Lupus. I never did, and if I had been treated for Lyme when I had contracted it, I would not have progressed to Late stage and ahve the neur. problems I ahve now. It is a serious disesase that needs to be ruled out by anyone experiencing these symptoms. don't except a FIBRO DIAG. Where are you in the US? You can go on the Lyme Board and look for a Lyme Literate MD (LLMD) in your area, if you don't find one listed you can ask. Also have you had all autoimmune diseases ruled out? Hope this could help, Sarah

Old 05-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User

Being tested for cushings syndrome this week.

[QUOTE=sarah92202;2979330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine8790 View Post
Every joint and muscle in my body hurts, my memory is gone, i wake up in the morning and I'm spaced out and foggy for half the day, can't concentrate,
The worst of my pain is in my shoulder, neck and hips (especially hips). I have weight gain, jaw pain and sensitivity to light and noise. When I have a flare, all the symptoms worsen for a couple days. I'm so weak, some days I can't even get out of bed. I usually lay around in my pajamas, because I can't stand to be dressed. Does anyone else feel like this? Does this sound like fibro or lupus?[/QUOTe
Your symptoms sound like Lyme disease to me, have you looked at the symptoms of Lyme? You shoulder, neck and jaw pain are a classic symptom that everyone with LD seems to share, even though alot of the other symptoms they don't. I was given a fibro diag. by my rheumi over 8 years ago and told that even though my Lupus tests were neg. I would eventually come up pos. for Lupus. I never did, and if I had been treated for Lyme when I had contracted it, I would not have progressed to Late stage and ahve the neur. problems I ahve now. It is a serious disesase that needs to be ruled out by anyone experiencing these symptoms. don't except a FIBRO DIAG. Where are you in the US? You can go on the Lyme Board and look for a Lyme Literate MD (LLMD) in your area, if you don't find one listed you can ask. Also have you had all autoimmune diseases ruled out? Hope this could help, Sarah

Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

[QUOTE=sunshine8790;2979580]Being tested for cushings syndrome this week.

Lyme also causes adrenal and thyroid problems, amny of us diag. with LD also have them. I have both adrenal insufficiency and Hypothyroidism and so do several of the gals I converse with on the Lyme and Addison's board.
Get tested for everything including Lyme, especially if you are in the Northeastern states. Lyme has been found in all the states, but the Northeast is the most endemic area for Lyme. Igenex Labs is highly recommended as the lab of choice, I and most Lymies I know wouldn't use any other lab for western Blot testing, because other labs are so inconsistant, and the initial elisa tests that doc's run for Lyme are only 30% accurate. that is why so many of us that had LD were not diag. early. Good Luck with all your testing and remember, the more you know the better, and don't let doc's tellyou that nothing is wrong, that you have Fibro, or that you need psychological help. These are the excuses they use when they can't figure out what is wrong with you. This is your body, and you are paying them to find a diag. If they can't help you find another one who will! Sarah

Old 05-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Sarah , I have a question. If you contracted lymes disease many years ago, is it treatable or curable if it is discovered years later? I have never been diagnosed or even tested for lymes and I am sure about the fibro. Something you said in your post made me wonder about the length of time and treatment. Just Curious
Glojer

Old 05-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
(female)

froggyfog HB User

Sounds like my FM, but the only way to know for sure is to rule everything auto-immune out.

Find a good Rheum to test you for Lupus, thyroid problems, etc.

I have hashimotos's thyroiditis and fibromyalgia and other lovely stuff and I can relate to all your symptoms except the jaw pain.

Froggyfog

Old 05-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #8
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User

Just want to say thank you to everyone that has replied, hope to find out something soon, will post if i find out anything.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
(male)

SummerDrivinsun HB User

Hi Sunshine. Awesome name
I have Have had Chronic fatigue for 3 1/2 years and I have the same symptoms you do. Some days are better than others. The joint pain,muscle pain and the brain fog. It takes me a while to get up the stairs sometimes.
It's also hard to get the words out when talking sometimes.
It just seems like this horrible ailment just popped up on so many people since 2004. A Dr.thought I had Lyme disease so treated me for lyme with a year of anti-biotics,which made me feel worse for that year. Now they say I have Chronic Fatigue with a nasty side order of Fibromyalgia.
Eating more proteins like chicken and fish seem to help. Lay off the sugary products like donuts and candy etc.
I tried a Vitamin B stress formula with extra C for energy and it seems to help a bit. Also a good multiVitamin and Vitamin B-12 sublingual.
I hope we all feel better soon. Peace and God Bless. Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine8790 View Post
The worst of my pain is in my shoulder, neck and hips (especially hips). I have weight gain, jaw pain and sensitivity to light and noise. When I have a flare, all the symptoms worsen for a couple days. I'm so weak, some days I can't even get out of bed. I usually lay around in my pajamas, because I can't stand to be dressed. Does anyone else feel like this? Does this sound like fibro or lupus?

Closed Thread