It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

Piano-Girl HB User
Hurting today!

I hate these days where you hurt everywhere. I feel like I could colapse, I am sooo tired and achy. But gotta keep going.....

Old 05-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Hurting today!

We are with you, on days like that lean on us. Together we are very mighty fibromights!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Ohhhhhh! Ouch! Hang in there, better days are on the way.

Huggies,
Kirstee

Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
(female)

dottie51 HB User

I hurt so much too. I'm new to this site, please help with some suggestions on how to deal with pain. I have it all over. Does anyone have headaches? I get pretty bad ones. I also was recently diagnosed with RA. My Dr. said that my fibro was at it's worst because of the RA. I've now got another double wammie. Does anyone have pain the hips that goes down through the knees when they try to sleep? I also have back problems so I just try to do the best I can at night. I always feel as if I've been hit with a couple of Mac trucks when I get up in morning. I guess I don't have to ask if anyone is depressed. My level of depression is pretty bad. For pain I'm on Norco, and Perocect and for depression I'm on Effexor. I may need a med change I don't know. Could somebody let me know what they think? Thanks Dottie51

Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
(female)

Piano-Girl HB User

I have slept most of the weekend and I am still hurting. Every muscle in my body hurts. Just trying to get by with the flexeril and heating pad. I am not eating enough to tempt the mobic and to worried I will get addicted to the Vicodin. Just another wonderful day...
We had plans all weekend and I haven't gotten out once...

Old 07-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #6
(female)

TeNNiSd0C09 HB User

I have slept all weekend. And when I am awake I lay there watching tv or something. I haven't been eating a lot either because I haven't felt like walking to the kitchen and standing trying to figure out what I want. I have slept for 2 days and I am up now, but I feel worse, and I am even more tired.

And, I have been hurting a lot. All over. I haven't been diagnosed with FM and I am not on any meds so I just handle it, but I am certain it's what I have. So, I can here my bed calling my name, back to bed I go.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #7
(female)

KissAmeGal HB User

OMG!!!! i am sooooo with you!! it's been awful for me too. every inch of me hurts and yes........i did get headaches. i don't get them now, as long as i continue to take my mobic.......it works wonders for me. i also take robaxin, neurontin and vicodin or darvocet for very very bad pain. i am so very tempted to take a vicodin soon. i'm so over the pain, i was crying earlier, just so tired of hurting!!! and now my days, about half way through, it takes all i have to walk!! and i'm on my feet all day at work, 12 hour shifts.
but yes............gotta keep going. not gonna let the FM get me!!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #8
(female)

Piano-Girl HB User

Aww. KissAmegal,
Its gets rough doesn't it? hopefully by now you are feeling better.
I'm NOT~
pain in every muscle is so draining...just wanted to whine!

Last edited by Piano-Girl; 08-07-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:15 AM   #9
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey all you fibromites another newbie to the site and fibro, diagnosed Feb this year. Its what we call summer over here in the uk, but that brings the ordeal of fatigue, feeling drained of energy, luckily my pain is under control at mo, but I do sympathise with all of you who are suffering, I really hope you will get relief very very soon. I find acupuncture has helped me, its now once per month but more if required, can't always take massage because of pain and heat pads set off hot flushes and sweats, a overlapping condition. I've recently tried seaweed baths, very relaxing, soft skin and hair. Very good for some skin conditions and arthiritis if taken on a regular basis apparently. Soaking my feet in warm water with 2 tablespoons of epsom salts in the evening helps with pain and drinking tonic water in the evening helps with cramps and rls of a night. Does anyone get the shakes, fine trembling especially in the arms and hands. Just wondered if that is a fibro thing or the MS that I've probley got so I've been told!: Don't you find you get one thing under control and bearable and another pops up You make plans and they all go out the window cause your body decides its not playing today? Thoughts and hopes with you fellow fibromites take care Snoozyowl

Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

innocence HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozyowl View Post
Hey all you fibromites another newbie to the site and fibro, diagnosed Feb this year. Its what we call summer over here in the uk, but that brings the ordeal of fatigue, feeling drained of energy, luckily my pain is under control at mo, but I do sympathise with all of you who are suffering, I really hope you will get relief very very soon. I find acupuncture has helped me, its now once per month but more if required, can't always take massage because of pain and heat pads set off hot flushes and sweats, a overlapping condition. I've recently tried seaweed baths, very relaxing, soft skin and hair. Very good for some skin conditions and arthiritis if taken on a regular basis apparently. Soaking my feet in warm water with 2 tablespoons of epsom salts in the evening helps with pain and drinking tonic water in the evening helps with cramps and rls of a night. Does anyone get the shakes, fine trembling especially in the arms and hands. Just wondered if that is a fibro thing or the MS that I've probley got so I've been told!: Don't you find you get one thing under control and bearable and another pops up You make plans and they all go out the window cause your body decides its not playing today? Thoughts and hopes with you fellow fibromites take care Snoozyowl
Wow, finally a person with fibro who has tried acupuncture. I'm considering this very very soon - for muscle aches and fatigue. How often did you have it done initially? Was the accupuncturist familiar with fibro or did you just have it for general pain? Hope you don't mind the Qs! I'm glad it has worked for you!!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #11
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey Innocence, no problem ask as many Qs as you like if I can help I will, I am very lucky that my own dr practises this therapy, he suggested it when the pain meds were not touching the pain that I was in with my shoulders, neck and back. I started off with a weely session lasting approx 15 minutes, I progressed to a session every two weeks and now its once a month or there abouts. My dr is familiar with fibro although I was diagnosed by a rhuemy consultant as my dr is also saying that I have a degree of MS although there is not enough clinical evidence for the neuro consultant to make a firm diagnosis for that condition. I also tend to realise thru the pain and stiffness increasing that another session is needed. I assure you that the needles are so fine and it is only if a particular spot is extremely stiff that you may feel a slight sting, I am a big coward with needles (even though I'm a nurse!)and did take some convincing to try, but I'm so glad I did. It may take a few sessions before you feel any benefit, but keep with it, Good luck with it Innocence, let me know how you get on with it and really hope it works for you too any other Qs feel free to ask take care Snoozyowl

Old 08-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #12
(female)

KissAmeGal HB User

Piano-Girl...........actually TODAY i am feeling better. aahhhhh
Had appt. with rheumy yesterday and got meds filled. i had been out of the mobic for about 2 weeks, EVERY possible ache and pain i could have, i was having!!! i had seen him since april, so i had to go before they would fill rx's. it stunk! anyway, he refilled my mobic and gave me also klonopin, i fill alot better just today. The heat here is horrible, it's the humidity, so i don't go out too much, as it absolutely drains me.

but feeling better now.........for now!

Shellie

Old 08-12-2007, 06:22 AM   #13
(female)

sunny47 HB User

Hi KissAmeGal - I know what you mean by the heat and humidity - I am south east of you. It stops me dead in my tracks.

I also am on Klonopin - the generic form. My pcp gave it to me to help with sleep and my restless leg syndrome. I find if I take it one night I can go several nights without taking it - which is good since he does not want me to take it nightly since is adicting. Each night I notice a little less effect and then need to take it again.

Has it helped you - hope so. I have been on many different things and had such bad side effects am glad to have found something to help.

Stay cool......sunny 47

Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #14
(female)

KissAmeGal HB User

hiya Sunny47

my rheumy started me on the klonopin,,,also the generic form, for the restless leg syndrome also. started me on 5mg and told me to try 1/2 every nite, as alot of his patients do that, and it seems to help. it is working for me. also, during the day, now i notice also that my feet don't hurt as bad, it was getting awful for me to walk!! i have been on different meds too, and not all work, although i haven't had any bad side affects from them. he did take me off the robaxin and the neurontin, and told me to try just the mobic and klonopin first, and if i need anything else to let him know.

weather...........well it's awful, as i stated b4. i try to get everything done in the am, if i can. and it's still humid in the am too. it TOTALLY drains me. i hate feeling tired all the time anyway, and the heat makes it sooooo much worse.

take care & stay cool
shellie

Closed Thread