It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
(female)

Nu2patch HB User
Exclamation I had a accident and........

Today i had a hectic day and had to run around and pay bills and get my kids from 2 different places at once. Anyhow while i was backing up i couldnt see these 4ft thick poles surrounding a firehydrant and i hit it pretty hard. I was so scared but i didnt harm my van. I ended up hurting my back and neck really bad and my right arm hurts going down. Being a pain patient i didnt want to go to the er because i didnt think there would b anything that they could do for my besides tell me to take my painmeds i have. I didnt want them to think i was seeking more cuz i dont need any but now im concerned about myself. What r ur oppinions on this? I do have a appt with my dr for my refills on friday, should i just mention it to him so he can note it in the chart? Im not on no contracts just to let u all know. Or should i chance it and go to er to make sure i didnt do no terrible damage?? U all have been so great in advice in the past, so im here first. Thanks everyone.

Nu2patch

Old 05-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: I had a accident and........

I would see if your doc could get you in right away to check things out and make sure nothing is wrong. Most docs have appt.s they keep open for just this kind of thing. I think it is important that you are seen by a doc within a few days to make sure you haven't hurt something that may cause serious problems later. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused10 HB User

hurting your neck and back really bad sounds like you should be checked, friday at the latest. For nothing else than to know what to expect. When I was in a serious car acccident I was more sore on day 3 but nobody warned me. If I had known, I would have worried less.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

Nu2patch HB User

Thanks so much for answering me u too! I have such a horrible headache now and im wondering if its from the accident???? My neck and back still hurt too. I have a appt with my dr for friday morning, so i will definetly tell him. I just didnt know what to do cuz i didnt want the er to think anything, ive heard so many stories on how they treat pain patients. What did they do for u when u hurt urself in ur accident? Is it something that heals or am i gonna have lingering affects?? Again thanks so much for responding.

Nu2patch

Old 05-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
(female)

spiritofsal HB User
Smile Re: I had a accident and........

Hi, yea I would definitely mention it to your doctor. I would just tell him the truth, that you didn't want er to think you were after pain meds, and thought your own pain meds would take care of the pain. Make sure you tell him of all your new pain, as maybe something else is going on. And don't be afraid to tell him that you need stronger pain medications.

I can totally understand your fears about er. I too, do not go there as often as I should for extreme flare-ups, or excruiating headaches I get occasionally. I remember the last time I went to er for a really really bad headache. They put me in a room right away, and thought maybe if I laid there with the lights off it would help. My daughter had brought me there. Well, they forgot I was back there, my daughter was sooooo mad. I couldn't believe it. I was almost throwing up the pain was so bad. They never did give me anything strong enough to take it away. I told them to forget it, I just wanted to go home. I knew what they were thinking, and I was sick of being thought of that way. I'll suffer through the next few days rather than have them treat me like that. I am not going to beg for pain medications. I went home and cried & cried. For me to go the er is a last resort, and is not something I wanted to do but I just couldn't take the pain anymore. While what they gave me took the edge off, I still should have been given something else or in addition to what they gave me. My quality of life has to suffer because of others. Oh well. Just wanted you to know you are not alone. GBU

Sally

Old 05-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused10 HB User

Nu2patch, what happened at the dr. Unfortunately my accident was very bad, broke a vertebrae so yes I had lasting effects. I live with chronic pain, but it could have been worse. I would guess if its like whiplash it takes longer to go away than most people think but goes away. I am lucky in the headache dept but they could be related to strained muscles or it could be, that's why I'm curious what the dr said. I hope its a temporary thing for you and you take extra good care.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
(female)

tammy2000 HB User

I was rear ended two weeks ago,, and i still have bad head days from it. And all over general pain, like i didnt need more.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
(female)

Nu2patch HB User

Hi Dazed and everyone,
Im sorry it took so long to respond, ive had a terrible cold and have felt like ive been run over by a car. I feel better from the accident now. At my appt i told my dr what happened and he was very understanding. He said we would just moniter how i feel and see if the headaches continue. Its hard to tell right now though if they r caused from the accident or my cold! He filled my rx early even though i didnt need him too, he said just in case i need to take more than usual. He told me never to worry about going to er they can think what they want but he knows me and how i am. so i guess thats a good thing . thank u for the respones and for caring. I hope u r all doing well.

nu2patch

Closed Thread