It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Something new has been added

I have Fm, Costo, Ibs, Mps, Dr. thinks I have gerd also but have not seen a Gastro as of yet

Here is my problem, I get sharp shooting pains in my chest for years, but for about 5 weeks now I am getting sore ribs around the upper abdominal area, the lowest ribs. Also getting like a shooting pain not sharp more of a sensation but enough to let you know they are there.

They go up my chest from my stomach, this just happened a few times. but they go acrosss the low ribs or else go from the low rib up to the breast but not into it. exact same spot on both sides, they are quick sensations. I do have Ibs going on with this. Any ideas? One day it is okay the next it is back.

Just had an echo done two weeks ago, have heard nothing yet so I am presuming it is okay. my Dr. always says if you do not hear from me in a few days worry not. I am due for a three year colonostopy this year and do have diverticulous. Had my gall bladder removed years ago.

Thanks for reading but any help would be appreciated.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Something new has been added

Hi Linda I can't think of what that could be. I have had heartburn and stomach problems lately but it is mostly from the IBS. Any pains I have had in my lower right rib area has been gallbladder (removed) and dueodinitis. Don't you just hate it when your body says Hey I got a problem here but your gonna have to guess what it is! As my daughter would say annoying.

Hang in there
Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Glojer,

Thanks for the reply. I think it is the IBS also with me. Have the c even with taking the metamucil. I think these sensations may be gas and the rib pressure.

Seems it is hard to get a reply on this board.

Did everything work out with that new granddaughter?

So glad your hubby saw his bro. that was really a special post.

Hugs, Linda

Aren't you glad we are not as old as Blue?

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 05-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Linda,

Yes, things are working out with the new granddaughter. She will be coming to live with our son and dil in early June. She has to finish this year in school before she can move permanently. She has her problems healthwise and emotionally, but I am just amazed that someone could have such a rough beginning in life and still have such a good and loving heart.

You are right, the IBS can really play havoc and create gas and other pains that we don't recognize. I take a med for it (levbid) but I can't take it constantly and it seems I just get straigtened out and it flares again. I figure it will all 'come out' in the end......giggle!

Age is really a state of mind isn't it and I am sure blue doesn't feel like an old lady....hee...hee! I love when I have those days I feel so good and my age just jumps back a few years....what a life.

Glojer

Old 05-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I thought those sensations could be gas. My ibs before was always frequent bathroom visits, no c or d, just going and going and a lot of cramping. this is new for me, sure makes you feel miserable and than thinking you have to go and can't. getting a permament butt ring that looks like a toliet seat.

This little girl is so lucky to have found your family, my heart is just filled with joy for her. I know she will now have a wonderful life. You have so much love in your heart I know you will be the best grandma ever to her. God bless her. It is really good to hear some good news. I am certain that her emotional problems will work out knowing she is loved by so many and I hope her health problems do the same.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 05-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Linda, I know she will finally feel secure and that will be such a good feeling for her.

Yes IBS can cause a lot of strange things to happen. I cycle from c to d and have the strange noises and the cramps and oh my, just all kinds of things. I do however hate that feelings of having to go all the time. Have you talked to your doc about it and do you have any meds for it? Like I said I take Levbid (Hyoscyamine) which relaxes smooth muscle and it has helped. I just take it as needed.

Glojer

Closed Thread