It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

HeatherJSN HB User
Is it Fibromyalgia?

Hello everyone. I am 16-years-old and I think I have Fibromyalgia. I was looking at the symptoms of it, and I started crying. I've always felt like something was wrong with me, but my parents have always said Iím just lazy. Is it possible for me to have it? I'm always in pain. Even when I take a narcotic I'm still in pain. My feet will suddenly feel like they have pins in them (almost like they are asleep but painful).I often can't sleep at night, but when I do get plenty of sleep, I wake up so exhausted. I never have any energy. I saw something about these points on your body that hurt when you press them. It was painful to touch all but a couple. I've got depression, I feel like I can't handle anything anymore. I have people problems, which means no friends. I have to have surgery at the end of the month because I tore the cartilage in my leg. And because of it I've developed at baker's cyst. I've never done well in school with remembering things. I constantly have to ask for people to repeat what they said because I forgot. I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting. I almost want to have Fibromyalgia because this means that there is a reason that I have all of this. Please help me anyone. I really need to know if there is a reason for all of this.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Is it Fibromyalgia?

Hi Heather:

Oh sweetie, you are really having a difficult time. The symptoms you describe could certainly indicate FMS. Unfortunately, a lot of FMS sufferers experience the same type of attitude from their family members, which is really wrong, wrong, wrong.

If you have the gumption, please print this letter out, including what you posted, and give it to your parents. They need to wake up and get out of their state of denial. The first step is to get you to the right physician. I have listed some names of physicians in Utah who treat FMS, but I do not know if they are near Midway. The next step, if none of these names pan out, is to contact a rheumatologist (family physician can refer), Keep at it and do not give up. I personally believe in you, and I know you deserve better than this. In fact, the cognitive problems you are having is known in the FMS world as "fibro-fog". When I was working, I had a terrible time remembering things and had to write down complex lists and remembrances so I could do my job. You are NOT stupid, lazy, or dumb, but cognitively impaired because of something you have no control over.

Here is the list:

Marc O. Anderson, M.D.
2121 North 1700 West
Layton, UT 84041

Dianne Farley-Jones, M.D.
70 E. Red Pine Drive
Alpine, UT 84004

Dennis Harper, D.O.
2046 E. Murray Holladay Road, Suite 100
Salt Lake City, UT 84117

Robert Payne M.D.
166 E. 5900 South, Suite B111
Murray, UT 34107

Dennis Remington, M.D.
1675 North 200 West, Suite 11-E
Provo, Utah 84604

David T. Roberts, MD
50 South Medical Drive, Suite #1
Payson, Utah 84651

Blessings,
Kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
(female)

froggyfog HB User
Re: Is it Fibromyalgia?

It does sound like FM. The only way to know for sure is to rule out other things.

For instances...Thyroid problems can show the same symptoms as FM.

And a lot of people have thyroid problems & FM together.

Hang in there and see if your parents will make you an appt with a doctor that you can talk too. Keep in mind that some doctors still do not believe in FM, nevertheless it is real. Doctors also use to believe Diabetes could be cured by a raw meat diet. YUCK!

Froggyfog

Closed Thread