It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

moorcroft88 HB User
just new on here

hi im just new on here and im not sure were to start.
i have had fibromyalgia for nearly 4 years now and i feel like i still dont know very much about it.
i feel very lost and lonely when it comes to my pains. and anytime i go to doc they just say deppression is why i have pains it all in my head.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: just new on here

Hello moorcraft,

Welcome. You are in a truly good place to have you questions answered and to generally speak about what you need to in relation to fibro, and livoing and coping with it.

I have had fibro for about 2 1/2 years, it is secondary to SLE. I know I can come here and share my pain and also listen to others when they speak of their pain and hope that I can be here for them when they need comfort.

I am sure someone else will come along shortly and welcome you too.

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 05-22-2007 at 08:46 AM. Reason: misspelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

tammy2000 HB User

Hi moorcraft, welcome. Depression is a big part of FM, but not all of it. I feel like the dr i see doesnt belive most of what i say either. He just writes another script and says ill see you in two weeks. To just get another copay i guess. Because its the same in two weeks. I went threw so many tests and drs. before one said FM, now that i know, its not any better, because my primary care dr. doest know what to do with me. Im now trying to get back in to see the rhmy. that said FM but am told i cant see him untill Aug..
Im sorry you have FM i would not wish this on anyone.
But you will find friends here on this board, and they will listen when noone else will!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #4
(female)

moorcroft88 HB User

thank you very much for replying to me it means alot it dose help to knoow your not on your own. thanks again.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
(female)

moorcroft88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
Hello moorcraft,

Welcome. You are in a truly good place to have you questions answered and to generally speak about what you need to in relation to fibro, and livoing and coping with it.

I have had fibro for about 2 1/2 years, it is secondary to SLE. I know I can come here and share my pain and also listen to others when they speak of their pain and hope that I can be here for them when they need comfort.

I am sure someone else will come along shortly and welcome you too.

Take care

goldenwings
thank u for replying to me it means alot to know im not on my own.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome little sister,
depression is not always and aspect of fibro so don't stop there. i do not have depression and never have had it. the docs tried that line on me in the beginning so i took their pills. they made me so sad i cried all the time so i quit.
i did however get a head shrinker to help me adapt to the changes in my body and mind. i learned so much in those 9 years. i learned to set attainable goals, set boundaries with others and pace my body and mind. i learned being me was good and fun. sometimes being sick can bring us to a better place inside that makes it all worth it.
if you are not happy with your doctor find another one. i went thru 17 to find the 7 who help me be the best me i can be now. i must say it is a good feeling to fire a doctor, giggle. blows their mind.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps good to see you goldie, old girl.

Closed Thread