It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

moorcroft88 HB User
Question time of month

dose anyone feel that there fib gets worse when its that time of the month/ i have noticed that i get more tired and my pains or worse .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: time of month

sorry to take so long. welcome to the boards.
it makes perfect sense that you would experience more intense pain sensations during your cycle. fibro likes to mimic/intensify real pain. in that it will seek out and find any weakness in our bodies and choose to raise hell there. keeps us guessing since some of our pain is from old surgeries or current conditions other than fibro.
talk with your doctor if the problem is too difficult. it has been many, many years since i had a cycle, however both my daughters and granddaughters cycle so i know there are newer meds available. as always weigh the pain against the possible side affects of any med and choose for yourself.
i have no reproductive organs, ha, tell fibro that! even tho they were removed 23 years ago i guess fibro hears the echo of all that pain and shares it with me. also does this on every site i have injured or had surgery on. even my eyes. there is no place it cannot visit.
i hope you feel better soon. heating pad is still my best friend.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
(female)

Frozen HB User

Mine flares during the two weeks between ovulation and my period. And the pain is mostly in my legs, not cramp pain. Strange, huh?

Old 05-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
(female)

natesmommie HB User

I get that way to

Old 06-04-2007, 03:19 AM   #5
(female)

moorcroft88 HB User

yeah thats were most of my pain always is. thank u for ur input

Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #6
(female)

tweiler HB User

I too had severe pain that time of the month. But after my 2nd child was born, I was dxed w/ endometriosis. So I started on depo shots in 1992. I went off a short time in 1998 and it was supposed to try a different med but I got preggo. So after my daughter was born in 1999 I went back on the depo and have stayed on it since then. I'm one of the people who don't have periods on the depo shots. For me, the weight gain and difficulty losing weight is a fair trade off for not being curled up in bed crying from the pain.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
(female)

gunner00 HB User

I have noticed a pattern with my periods also. My mood swings intensify, I fatigue much easier, and my aches are more intense.
I mentioned it to my doctor and he said it makes sense due to the hormone levels changing but didn't give me any specifics.

Closed Thread