It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused10 HB User
Could this be related to fibro?

Lately I keep getting sore throats, once strep but often not, hurst to talk, swallow, lymph nodes swollen, sometimes I have a low grade fever, was reading about types of reflux but I'm also more tired and its been coming and going almost weekly. Does anyone experience anything like this. Even my ears hurt mildly.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:05 AM   #2
(female)

Larla908 HB User
Re: Could this be related to fibro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedandconfused10 View Post
Lately I keep getting sore throats, once strep but often not, hurst to talk, swallow, lymph nodes swollen, sometimes I have a low grade fever, was reading about types of reflux but I'm also more tired and its been coming and going almost weekly. Does anyone experience anything like this. Even my ears hurt mildly.
Chronic Fatique Syndrome (CFS) has symptoms similar to what you are describing. If you aren't familiar with it, the difference between CFS and fibro is that CFS is predominately fatigue with pain, and fibro is predominately pain with fatigue. Very similar diseases...oh excuse me "syndromes".

Your ears could be caused by a TMJ problem. I started having terrible ear pain about 2 years ago. I thought they were ear infections, but no...turned out to be TMJ. Why can't I ever have something simple and curable?!? LOL

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
(female)

tweiler HB User

I got strep for the first time last year and it wasn't actually diagnosed until after I had gone to my PCP because of a migraine. Next day I could barely swallow because my throat hurt so bad. In that 1 day, the strep showed up so bad I had blisters all over the back of my mouth and down my throat. It hurt for days to even try to eat ice cream.

Anyways, it was just the previous week I had been dxed w/ fibro. I noticed I am still more fatigued and tire more easily since I had that bout of strep. I asked my rheumy about CF but he doesn't think I have it, just the fibro. But I still tire far more easily now than before the strep.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
(female)

lightnerbride HB User

Could be CFS/ME, check your other symptoms to the list of CFS/ME like exhaustion after exercise, etc. I have both CFS/ME and FM. I have swollen lymphnodes all the time and use to get strep all the time but now just frequent sore throat.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused10 HB User

Sorry not sure what ME stands for? I haven't exercised much lately other than walking alot at work. Are your lymph nodes swollen or over or just your throat. Mine are definitley swollen and feels like I have golf balls in my throat. My dr is skeptical about FM and CFS, he referred me to an ENT. Meanwhile I don't feel well, I'm running a fever that goes up aned down. Maybe its just viral but it just seems like its been weeksn and never really goes away. Its wearing me out physically and emotionally.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
(female)

melinda3571 HB User

I have most of the same symptoms, the sore throat, ear aches and I have Fibro so I have been wondering the same thing, could these symptoms be related. Also having some problems with my vision blurring too??

Old 02-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
(female)

4kids4me HB User

I have been reading a lot about FM since my diagnosis a few weeks ago, and I have read over and over again that one of the symptoms of FM are "cold like symptoms without actually having a cold", "post nasal drip not related to allergies", and "persistant sore throat". I too have a sore throat, but no swollend lymph nodes. It could be FM, or it could be my meds. Hard to say, either way, you ought to go have it checked out, just for your own piece of mind. Good luck and let us know what's going on.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
(female)

vixster HB User

These symptoms can also be from Candida which is prevalent in people with FM.

Last edited by vixster; 02-28-2009 at 10:10 AM.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
(female)

Smashing HB User

For a year and a half just prior to being diagnosed with Fibro I had Thyroiditis, which caused my throat to swell (goiter) plugged ears, chronic fatigue, fever and bad bouts of anxiety. I had 3 bad 2 month long bouts of it and that was it for that!

Closed Thread