It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
(female)

Larla908 HB User
Hi!

Hello everyone! This is my first time to the site and I think it's great!

I was diagnosed with FM when I was 17, with symptoms occuring since 14. Now I am 25, and recently switched doctors (rhuemy) because I moved. Of course I had to go through the whole gamit of testing again and was taken off all the meds that had been working , only to be told that this Dr. doesn't know what's wrong with me but I "don't have fibromyalgia" (I don't have 'enough' trigger points). Needless to say, I went to a new general physician too, and of course I was "just depressed"! LOL

So anyways, I started seeing a naturpathic doctor. She had me take a blood test that checks for food sensitivities. It turned out I was sensitive to wheat and dairy. I started eliminating the wheat/gluten products and noticed a change in my fatigue, but the pain still persists. I'm going to eliminate dairy next.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this, if you tried it, if it worked, etc. I'll certainly let you know if it works for me!

Thanks for being here. I'm so excited to have found the forum!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Hi!

Hi Larla,

I am gluten, dairy, and egg-intolerant. Also peanut. Taking gluten out of my diet erased five decades of severe IBS, a miracle. However my fibro flared up on GF diet. Of note, I've had all manner of testing done for food sensitivities, by both traditional allergists & naturopaths. The dairy & egg showed up, but not the wheat & peanut, which for me are more significant intolerances. Go figure.

Turns out I am also nightshade sensitive, and I started eating more potato on GFD. Took me about 2.5 yrs. to figure that one out. Eliminating nightshades (potato, tomato, peppers (incl. spices like chilli pdr, paprika, cayenne), eggplant, & tobacco (even 2nd hand smoke)) has been very helpful for me.

I have heard of people who make great strides with fibro by eliminating gluten alone, but IMO it's a very individual thing. Certainly worth a try, though.

What we call fibro is actually a collection of symptoms that can have a variety of different causes & contributing factors, depending on the individual. For those of us who find significant triggers by trial & error, or by testing, it can be very rewarding.

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
(female)

Fousey HB User
Re: Hi!

Hi Larla!
I am a newbie too and am so glad I found this message board. Don't you love it when you need to be your own diagnostician? Why don't doctors get that the pain and fatigue we have is real? I have been told to lose weight to stop the pain. I did, lost 65 pounds. It did nothing for my pain, but I sure feel better about myself! I have been told "nothings wrong with me." That was by a rheumatologist. I have been told that I am hyper-mobile which causes my pain. My pain began when I was 23. I was 36 when FINALLY a doctor told me I had fibro. He said it almost like he was humoring me. Regardless, it was nice for someone to finally say it, even though I already knew it.
Keep reading the boards. It's very validating to read something and say to yourself, "I have that too!"
Fousie

Closed Thread