It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

hpfan28 HB User
Question weak & shaky - FMS?

I'm new to the message board & recently diagnosed with FMS. I always have several questions but I'll start with this one. I've started getting shaky with weakness in my arms & legs. I thought at first it was from hypoglycemia but it happens when I'm not hungry or have just eaten. Could it be from the fatigue associated with FMS? I'm looking for a new doc because I'm not happy with mine. His wife has FMS & he believes in only one treatment & will not work with me on other options. I'm hoping to find a doc who is more open-minded & will put my mind at ease (I also have quite a bit of anxiety, especially around medical personnel!). Thanks for your help!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
(female)

desperate1 HB User
Re: weak & shaky - FMS?

Hello. I was just diagnosed with Fibro yesterday after a long, long process. I get the same weak, shaky thing you describe ALL the time. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted you to know you're not alone. I've had my blood sugar checked, etc, and there seems to be no logical explanation, yet it happens. "Low blood sugar" feeling is exactly how I would describe it. If you ever get an answer on it, I'd love to hear it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
(female)

tweiler HB User

I have weak spells just like that, we tried sugar packets thinking it was hypoglycemia but they did nothing to help. I had hypoglycemia attacks when I was a child for unknown reasons. I may get 1 a yr now but I get my sugar checked every year because I have to watch for diabetes from both my parents families. One thing I have noticed that triggers "weak spells" is when I get too hot. I have noticed I don't sweat like I used to so I now carry a small squirt bottle of water when I must be outside. Spraying myself lowers body temp and I do feel better much quicker. But I can't always predict when one of these spells will happen. Sometimes I have to sit for several minutes until it passes but sometimes all I need is to stop and rest and it goes away.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

I get shakey and weak too. Sometimes if i take it easy, lay down for awhile it will pass. Sometimes it doesn't pass til the next day. It's very frustrating when you have things to do and places to be and you can't because of this shakey feeling and weakness.

It precedes fog for me sometimes also. I will be somewhat confused, roaming from room to room trying to figure out what the hell i am doing there. Not able to drive. uggghhh, i hate it.

I found that 2 days, i walked in the mornings and my knees were buckling and i felt weak, but i pushed on, and paid dearly for it the rest of those days. I just have to listen to my body. It helps too, when i drink lots of water and eat right.

I also have wondered about hypoglycemia because i crave sweets and when i eat them at night, i have night sweats. I feel so much better when i lay off the sugar, but it has been hard for me to do lately.

I was having weakness and dizziness and i had not eaten breakfast so i ate but it wasn't better. just to be sure, i checked with my doc and he let me do a 6 hour glucose tolerance at home. This is a common condition with fibro, but i don't have it. Boy those finger sticks hurt!!! Hope you find a doc soon. I have 3 great ones in St. Louis missouri.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
(female)

hpfan28 HB User

Thank you so much for your replies! It makes me feel better just to know that I'm not alone with this. It is such an uncomfortable feeling. I should lay off the sugar too but it's a challenge. Thanks again!

Closed Thread