It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

tweiler HB User
Changing our lives

I'm just wondering how many of us have adapted to our new lives? And what changes other people have made to better manage? As I said in a different topic, I have quit wearing makeup and had all my long hair cut into a pixie style cut so I need help bathing and showering. I want a dishwasher but landlord won't allow it unless we do a built-in and then he'd expect us to leave it when we move so no dishwaser for now. A compromise is we use a lot of paper plates and disposable cups and bowls now. I do eat more convienence foods and sandwiches now, at least when hubby is at work and our daughter is at school. We have fewer meals that go all out, like a holiday dinner, and when we do that, hubby does most of the dishes and our daughter helps him and I get to relax. We have 2 cats that I could not bear to part with but it was getting hard to clean the litter box, but we bought an automatic one and hubby empties it for me.

And things that use to be commonplace to me, I now consider a good accomplishment. Today I stained a picture frame, and I will spray the clear on it later to protect the finish. Hubby had a portrait painted of my parents as a Xmas gift and had to make a frame since we couldn't find anything I liked the right size. Since my parents are both deceased, this portrait is a very amazing reminder of how much they meant to me. And I'm also spray painting a twin bed for our daughter. She is off on vacation w/ relatives and has no idea what she will find upon return. I spent a whole weekend repainting her bedroom, although I did pay for it the whole next week but I am proud I got it finished myself. We bought an old metal bed and I am painting it gold, fshe is our princess and now she will have a princess theme to her room. And hubby and I together are going to make a crown to mount to the wall that will be the top for a canopy. I was very proud of myself when I hung and blinds without help. Hubby fussed at me but he means well. He said I could have fallen because of my vertigo and I should have waited for him. I pointed out the blinds were hung over the couch and it would have been an easy landing even if I had fallen

So let's hear from others..what kind of changes have you made to adapt to the "new you" and what are some successes you have had lately?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
(female)

mrsprocessor HB User
Re: Changing our lives

My life has changed tremendously. As I mentioned before I'm also obese 461lbs currently and still losing. I'm finally starting to except that I have Fibromyalgia. It's hard to believe because I'm only 33yrs old and I have all these aches and pains that are hard to explain. I'm married to a healthy active 35 yr old man and have a 10 & 4 yr old. I feel as though my life is passing me by and everyone along with it. So, I've finally excepted it and now try to work with it. The first thing my doc did was put me on Effexor to treat my Fibro. I was on 35 mg 1wk then went up to 75 mg. At the 35mg I started getting bad headaches then at 75 mg severe headaches with dizziness not to mention libido packed up and completely left. Not to be to graphic or share to much info but let's say the spirit was willing but the flesh was week. Use your imagination on the rest. However, I did feel a little energized and less pain. After a month of taking it I decided to stop. I didn't like the side effects. I began researching alternatives that didn't have side affects.

I completely changed my eatting habits. I don't eat butter. I use sea salt. I eat organic fiber bread and sometime 100% whole wheat. I drink Silk light milk and very very vanilla soy milk. I eat tuna with canola mayo. No fried foods. I have eaten fried chicken but take off the skin. I eat 2 organic apples and 2 grapefruits every day. I drink water water water. I don't drink or eat anything that has aspartame or splenda in it. Research the word aspartame and you will see why. Nothing diet at all because it all has aspartame in it that contributes to the symptoms of Fibro. Aspartame is bad for you. I also meditate I spend at least 1hr or more listening to relaxing music and reading a book and doing nothing else daily. I have cut down my TV time to maybe 2-3hrs a day. I have cut off negative people and negative things in my life. I also exercise. I dance for 30 consecutive mins 3 to 4 times a week at a comfortable pace. I have my good days and bad days but they are much much better then they use to be. I've realized that I can gain control of my Fibro instead of letting it control me. I just take it one day at a time. I also take 2 to 4 teaspoons of braggs raw organic apple sider vinegar with a equal amounts of raw honey. The vinegar helps clear the toxins from the body and the honey helps heal it. It also helps big time with all the other symptoms(acid reflux, IBS w/diah, arthritis, sleeping problems and weight loss). I always like to share my success with using natural remedies. I've had very bad experiences with medicine. Although, Not all meds are bad and can save lives. If there's another alternative with no side effects and all natural I always choose it and share my success. My pcp has even started recommending the vinegar and honey for herself and patients. Hang in there Fibro's

Last edited by mrsprocessor; 06-03-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Closed Thread