It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

laura3377 HB User
Maybe I don't have Fibro - Vit D and Iron took away symptoms

Well, after being treated for Vitamin D deficiency for a few months now and anemia for about a month a half, I notice that my symptoms have mostly disappeared. One of my most troubling symtpoms was pain in my upper body and although it is not completely gone, it has lessened to the point to where I barely notice it. I also have been having acupuncture so maybe that is helping as well.

I'm not saying this is eveyone's problem (Vit D & iron) but if you haven't been tested for these things it's worth being tested to just to be sure other problems are contributing to your pain.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
(female)

KateM0414 HB User
Re: Maybe I don't have Fibro - Vit D and Iron took away symptoms

Vitamin D deficiency can cause a painful condition called osteomalacia. I was originally diagnosed with this but unfortunately my vitamin D levels have returned to normal for over 6 months and I have seen no improvement in my symptoms. I agree that its definitely worth getting tested.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

Last'sGal HB User

When I was diagnosed, vitamin D was the only deficiency I had, too. Unfortunately, fixing that didn't fix my problems. How I wish! I'm glad for you, though!

Old 06-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
(female)

laura3377 HB User

Well, as much as I have noticed a decrease in other symptoms. My chest pain has flared up again. I have costochondritis but also have pain when I take a deep breath. I'm thankful for the relief of some of the other symptoms but I guess I'm still going to have to work to find something to relieve the costo/chest pain.

Closed Thread