It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Guess what?! and a random question!

So, guess what? I'm not "officially" engaged yet, meaning with the official proposal and a ring, but Nathan and I plan on getting married next August (the 2nd or 9th)!

The only thing we have to worry about that would prevent it all is health insurance. Specifically, good health insurance that covers pre-existing conditions. Right now, I am obviously under my parent's health insurance. Nathan works for Walmart and their health insurance is decent but it would not cover my pre-existing conditions until a year after we were wed. It would cover my prescriptions though. Anyway, we are looking more into that. And, also, I work at Barnes and Noble, and our full-time insurance is great, but I am not guaranteed full time at the barnes and noble down in springfield, where I would be working, just part time. And I can't cover both of us if I worked part time. My mom's friend told us that there is special health insurance for students still in college. It's cheaper than other insurance options (like, where you get it not through your work . . . I forget the word!). Thing is, she doesn't know anything about it or where to find out more. She suggested talking to the school, so I'm definitely gonna do that. But, if by random chance any of you know about this, do gimme a holler.

Anyway, yeah, so this next school year, I will be working almost full time, going to school full time, and planning a wedding. Granted, it will be quite a small and cheap wedding, but it is still a bit stressful. And just because I haven't told anyone except my parents and my mom's friend that it is "definite", I have to give you guys the details, okay? If you don't want to read it, just skip closer to the end!

It's going to be in a church, simple dress, two maids of honor. I only know one for sure--Nathan's sister--that is, if she accepts. The other is up in the air. The reason for two maids of honor is just because Nathan can't choose between two of his friends for best man, so, they are both going to be best men. The colors are going to be all shades of blue and then, white. I like the different shades of blue because then you don't have to find everything to match exactly! One maid of honor will be in light blue, the other dark blue. The flowers will be carnations (even though I've been told that they are considered a horrible wedding flower--is this true?) and then a small blue flower. Possibly Tweedia. Which brings me to a question for you gardeners. What are other small blue flowers? Not purple-blue. True blue. I'm seeing there aren't many blue flowers out there!

The reception will be small and intimate, a couple hours long, and will include finger foods, punch and cake. No alcohol. One, I'm too young and still will be. And two, I don't want a bunch of drunk people at my wedding. And I could definitely count on my extended family for that. And my mom is a cake-maker so she's making the cake. There's a couple hundred dollars saved right there! It's just all gonna be as simple and cheap as I can make it. Just family and closest friends. I am so excited!

And, for those who already object due to my young age, please don't worry about it. I've heard the objections, all of them, am aware of the possible hardships, as well as the fact that marriage is forever (or should be!). When I first came to my mother she was incredibly surprised at how aware I was at what was to come. I've done my research. I know it can only prepare me to an extent. I also hear that I should wait til after college. Well, i'm going to be in college a minimum of 7 more years to become a psychologist, so, that's a bit much. And as a financial argument, it is actually wiser to marry sooner. The reason is this: Both Nathan and I are considered dependents until we are 23. Therefore, when we fill out the FASFA, our parents salaries are considered whether they help out or not. Then, depending on the "expected family contribution" you get money, or don't get money, etc. Well, if we married, our salaries are significantly less than our parents and we would get much more money from the government for college. Then we would have to borrow less, and then, consequently, be in less debt!

Anyway, I'm so excited, and a bit nervous, but still excited!

And, don't forget, what are some small blue flowers?????

And, everybody, you might have to put up with me stressing out and voicing all my horrible problems. The FMS isn't going to make ANY of this any easier! I love you all! Sorry I rambled on so long! Blessings!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Guess what?! and a random question!

Hi GG4Ever:

You really brought me back to my younger years. My husband and I were married when I was 18, and he was 21. We've now been married 40 years. We had some really difficult times, but what doesn't kill you, strengthens you. Just because you are young does not mean this marriage is doomed. You hang onto each other no matter what happens. That is what love and marriage is about.

I visualized blue marguerites mixed in with carnations and babies breath as a filler. Another smaller flower to consider is a Blue Star Flower. This flower is a small star-shaped flower clustered on a stem. Nonetheless, I'm sure you will come up with some really good ideas for the blue color you want in your wedding flowers. If you are using a florist, this person can help you find some blue flowers that will please your heart.

The insurance options that you are looking into will come to pass. You just trust and put your faith in the right place, seeking wisdom as you go, and you will obtain what you require.

Your excitement is so refreshing. You keep going, sweetheart. I believe in you. Nathan must be a very priceless treasure to have caught your heart.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 06-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

tweiler HB User

I agree w/ previous poster, it doesn't matter if you are young, what matters is how you feel about each other. I never dated in high school and the only man I have ever dated or anything I married him 16 yrs ago. We got married about 6 months after we met and it was kinda funny how we made that decision. He and I were sitting on my bed at my parent's house (I was 19) and we were cuddled up close. My dad was going towards his room and stopped at my door and said "so when do you 2 want to get married?". Hubby looked at me and said "how's 2 weeks?" But believe it or not, we pulled off a very lovely family and friends wedding planned in just 2 weeks. In Nov, we will celebrate our 16th anniversary. We've been through some very tough times but all it does is brings us closer together. And I will always treasure memories of our wedding, mostly because my grandfather, who was a pastor, did the service and he approved of hubby. I respected my grandfather's opinion so much that if he had not approved, we would not be married right now.

I highly recommend spending some time to talk about what you want in your future as a family. Set goals together and every so often, stop and look at what you have accomplished towards your goals. My colors were blue and white as well but I had my grandfather make my bouquet w/ fake flowers so I had blue roses. I had a smaller bouquet to toss that had real flowers and my grandfather had found some beautiful blue roses.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
(female)

c57s53 HB User

Your wedding plans sound very reminiscent of my own wedding. My husband and I have been married for 28 years now, and we had a very small simple wedding. My husband, brothers and friends and I all decorated the hall. my parents made all the food and spent the entire day before baking ham, turkey breast and roast beefs and slicing all the meats, cheeses, making all kinds of salads and my SIL made our wonderful wedding cake. Our colors were baby blue and white. I went to a wedding show and was the lucky winner of all my wedding flowers, my girlfriend paid for the hall where we held our reception, another friend was in a band so we had live music at a discount rate.....a very inexpensive wedding with a lifetime of memories. I hope your's will be as heartwarming as mine was. You might consider "forget me nots" for a small blue flower....great as a filler flower.
Congratulations to you and your fiance'.

Connie

Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
(female)

bekkee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsGirl4ever06 View Post
So, guess what? I'm not "officially" engaged yet, meaning with the official proposal and a ring, but Nathan and I plan on getting married next August (the 2nd or 9th)!

The only thing we have to worry about that would prevent it all is health insurance. Specifically, good health insurance that covers pre-existing conditions. Right now, I am obviously under my parent's health insurance. Nathan works for Walmart and their health insurance is decent but it would not cover my pre-existing conditions until a year after we were wed. It would cover my prescriptions though. Anyway, we are looking more into that. And, also, I work at Barnes and Noble, and our full-time insurance is great, but I am not guaranteed full time at the barnes and noble down in springfield, where I would be working, just part time. And I can't cover both of us if I worked part time. My mom's friend told us that there is special health insurance for students still in college. It's cheaper than other insurance options (like, where you get it not through your work . . . I forget the word!). Thing is, she doesn't know anything about it or where to find out more. She suggested talking to the school, so I'm definitely gonna do that. But, if by random chance any of you know about this, do gimme a holler.

Anyway, yeah, so this next school year, I will be working almost full time, going to school full time, and planning a wedding. Granted, it will be quite a small and cheap wedding, but it is still a bit stressful. And just because I haven't told anyone except my parents and my mom's friend that it is "definite", I have to give you guys the details, okay? If you don't want to read it, just skip closer to the end!

It's going to be in a church, simple dress, two maids of honor. I only know one for sure--Nathan's sister--that is, if she accepts. The other is up in the air. The reason for two maids of honor is just because Nathan can't choose between two of his friends for best man, so, they are both going to be best men. The colors are going to be all shades of blue and then, white. I like the different shades of blue because then you don't have to find everything to match exactly! One maid of honor will be in light blue, the other dark blue. The flowers will be carnations (even though I've been told that they are considered a horrible wedding flower--is this true?) and then a small blue flower. Possibly Tweedia. Which brings me to a question for you gardeners. What are other small blue flowers? Not purple-blue. True blue. I'm seeing there aren't many blue flowers out there!

The reception will be small and intimate, a couple hours long, and will include finger foods, punch and cake. No alcohol. One, I'm too young and still will be. And two, I don't want a bunch of drunk people at my wedding. And I could definitely count on my extended family for that. And my mom is a cake-maker so she's making the cake. There's a couple hundred dollars saved right there! It's just all gonna be as simple and cheap as I can make it. Just family and closest friends. I am so excited!

And, for those who already object due to my young age, please don't worry about it. I've heard the objections, all of them, am aware of the possible hardships, as well as the fact that marriage is forever (or should be!). When I first came to my mother she was incredibly surprised at how aware I was at what was to come. I've done my research. I know it can only prepare me to an extent. I also hear that I should wait til after college. Well, i'm going to be in college a minimum of 7 more years to become a psychologist, so, that's a bit much. And as a financial argument, it is actually wiser to marry sooner. The reason is this: Both Nathan and I are considered dependents until we are 23. Therefore, when we fill out the FASFA, our parents salaries are considered whether they help out or not. Then, depending on the "expected family contribution" you get money, or don't get money, etc. Well, if we married, our salaries are significantly less than our parents and we would get much more money from the government for college. Then we would have to borrow less, and then, consequently, be in less debt!

Anyway, I'm so excited, and a bit nervous, but still excited!

And, don't forget, what are some small blue flowers?????

And, everybody, you might have to put up with me stressing out and voicing all my horrible problems. The FMS isn't going to make ANY of this any easier! I love you all! Sorry I rambled on so long! Blessings!
Congrats on the impending nuptuals!!

As for the flowers, I know that for weddings, you can get the following flowers in blues naturally/and for weddings: juniper, delphinium, morning glory, hydrangea (very pretty), sweet pea, tulips, columbines, plumbago, and bachelor's buttons. I have always wanted to have blue as one of my wedding colors... so as you can see, I have thought about this before, lol...

I know that dealing w/ insurance can be a nightmare, I would not let that stop you from getting married. In the end, it is going to be a problem no matter what right? So go for it. If you love eachother, and you found someone who supports you in your condition, then I say Say I Do! And who cares how old you are? It is really no one elses business. No one has the right to judge you.

Just remember that w/ all of the work and school and wedding planning, you will surely be under more mental, emotional, and physical stress than usual. So don't over do it! Don't Forget to lean on the people around you for help w/ all of this so you do aggrevate you illness.

We are all here for you! Good luck and Best of Wishes!

Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #6
(female)

Last'sGal HB User

Congrats, GodsGirl! I'm so happy for you!

While it's normal to worry about someone getting married that young, I like your thought processes and logical reasons for doing it now rather than waiting. Like someone else said... make sure you discuss where you each see your lives going, so you can hopefully identify now the possibilities of wanting to go in different directions later.

Don't know of any little blue flowers offhand except bluebells.

Gina

Old 06-20-2007, 05:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Julie, congratulations! You give Nathan a big hug for me and tell him he is quite a guy and very smart for loving our Godsgirl. I did't read all the posts, I just had to pop in here to say how excited I am for you and Nat. I will post more later and no right now I can't think of a true blue flower. Bachelor Buttons and some coneflowers are blue. But I am never sure if the blues are manipulated with putting more allum or whatever to the soil. You can tell my gardening skills are lacking a great deal.

Anyway you will have an exciting time planning your wedding. If you need any tips, or have any questions my daughter plans events and things for a living so just ask and I will see what I can find out.

Glojer

Old 06-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

You all are wonderful! I will post again later, but I am in so much pain from working 8 days in a row! My head hurts, my body hurts, I have a fever, ick. Some dinner and then bed time. But I'll be back quite soon with some responses I am eager to post! Blessings.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 06-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Rest is definitly what you need after an eight day stretch. Thank goodness I don't have to do those at a work situation anymore, just with family things.

I wanted to put my two cents in about your age as far as marriage goes. I think age doesn't matter and the length of time you know someone doesn't matter either. I was 22 and my hubby 23 and we knew each other for only 6mo. before we were married. He was a blind date in July and we were married in Jan. It has been 36 and a half years now and we hope to make it another 36. There will always be hard times and rough spots, but the commitment to each other and to the marriage is what will pull you through. We had a very nice church wedding and reception in the church hall. The ladies of the church made a wonderful dinner, my dress was white velvet made by my aunt ( I still have it, I weighed 90lbs then you should see how tiny that dress is.....tee hee!) I treasure it. All of my bridesmaids, there were three, had dresses they either made or had made in lavender. I had beautiful flowers though from my favorite florist and I still think of how nice it was on such a small budget. Oh, I just remembered our chuch had a bridal fashion show some years back and we all brought our wedding gowns to be modeled. Some were gorgeous from the 1940's and '50's. They had to put my dress on a thirteen year old girl....my hubby was obviously not looking for someone with curves, cause I was a stick. Anyway Godsgirl you will have a wonderful wedding and have wonderful memories just like we all have. I am very happy and excited for you.

Glojer

Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #10
(female)

robeano HB User

congrats on the wedding. i have been married fourteen yrs this yr and got married at 19yrs old. I am still madly in lov with my husband. follow your dreams. you only have 1 life to live, and you have to live it. no one else.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

Congrats on the wedding. Remember one thing about the insurance. As long as you never lapse insurance they can never consider a pre-existing condition for any company. If you are under your parents insurance now you can stay on their insurance usually while attending college whether it is out of state or not. If you have to go on Cobra from your job for a year, then so be it if that is your only choice. But as long as there is no lapse, they cannot consider any pre-existing conditions. I haven't read the whole thread so sorry for dropping in however, I do know about the pre-existing conditions.

Good luck now and in the future.

Closed Thread