taking my chances with the firbomyalgia board readers
Hi there. I'm female,44, caucasian and feel like a decrepit 99 year old. I've been to my doc a number of times with a complaint here and a symptom there, but it occurred to my I've never just written it all out in a copy she can keep to stew on and try to figure out what ails me. Does anyone else do that? My appt is Friday and I'm even thinking of mailing it to her ahead of time so she has chance to mull it over before our appointment.
Here's my list for the doc. I'm posting it to this board, because I think the gut reaction of a lot of people is going to point towards FMS, but I'm not convinced of that. For one thing, I don't have the spcecifically identified trigger points.
I have a hard time coming up with the right words to describe pain sometimes, and any input is appreciated.
1. every day: Pain in the Left shoulder and neck area with muscle tension throughout back; range of pain is anywhere from ďjustĒ tense to extremely painful. Usually the pain increases as the day progresses. I would describe the Ďextremely painfulí pain (which is centered about 2Ē down from the top of my shoulder) as feeling like something is pinching the insides together. The muscles underneath my arms (to the sides of my chestónot my armpits), especially the left side, are also very tight. (this isn't new paid I've complained about it for years and they only thing to ever help 'some" was a muscle relaxor)
2. Both feet; especially the right foot at the top of the arch and the area about 1 ĺĒ down between the big toe and the 2nd toe. It feels bruised inside. Iíve gotten cramps in my feet for as long as I can remember, and itís always been such a part of my life, that I donít think Iíve ever even mentioned it to a doctor, except for a chiropractor in 2002 who simply said the foot muscles were tense. It feels like Iím standing on stones and is worse than it used to be.
3. Right thumb at the joint has a tender spot like it is bruised on the inside; same feeling on left 1st finger at top joint and left thumb but not as bad. (This is new. The thumb/finger pain started this year.) I notice it most when I try to do something like get my dogs Prevacox out of the foil blister pack (where you have to push the pill through the foil with your thumb)--i get a little pins n needles feeling in that area then
4. Headaches every day, presumably caused by the muscle pain in shoulder/neck
5. fatigued / tired most of the time
6. sometimes I have a very annoying ringing in my ears and canít hear as well as normal; itís a vacuum-like feeling; I had this yesterday and today (Monday 6/11/07); prior to that I donít recall feeling this way since the end of December 2006
7. vision Ė fluctuates in that I sometimes have to rub my eyes or really focus because of blurriness. Had a vision checkup about 5 Ĺ months ago. My optometrist said my vision had not changed.
a) I want to do Pilates exercises. My feet get sore very quickly though and tense up. I took Pilates classes for about 2 months in 2005 but even when I scheduled the classes for very early AM (when my feet werenít as likely to cramp up), they would cramp up even on some of the simplest moves.
b) I want to walk on the treadmill at least a mile a day, but again unless I can get that walk in before work, my feet will cramp up if I try to walk after work.
Medicine I take regularly:
1. Actonel once monthly
2. BC powders
4. Ambien-CR Ė I donít like the way Ambien makes me feel the next day but do take it because otherwise Iíd toss and turn all night
5. Calcium carbonate 1200mq/day with 200 IU Vit. D