It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

beamgirl HB User
Question New here....any advice on PT or massage?

Hi...I'm new to this board. Recently diagnoses with fibromyalgia and celiac disease. My mom has both illnesses as well. I am taking Darvocet for pain and been going to PT. I have always loved massages, but I had one 2 days ago and PT yesterday and feel worse today then I have in weeks.

Has anyone else benefited or had their symptoms worsened by PT or massage? Trying to decide if I should continue or not.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
(female)

desperate1 HB User
Re: New here....any advice on PT or massage?

I'd be interested in hearing other's experiences too. I was just diagnosed a few weeks ago. This week I feel literally like my legs are full of lead.

My doctor suggested PT and I am wondering what it consists of? My ins only covers a small portion and I can't afford all the copays unless it is really going to help.

Beamgirl, I hope you find some good info on this for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
(female)

froggyfog HB User

Light Massage felt good while I was having it done, but then I hurt worse than usual for two days afterwards. Some PT techiques helped, you might have to try and just see if it makes you feel better since everyone is different.

Water Therapy helped me but I kept missing days because my FM is always acting up.

I am current trying a chrioprator for a problem I have with my hip....so far so good.

Froggyfog

Old 06-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #4
(female)

Last'sGal HB User

I've also had worse pain for a few days after a massage. As it was explained to me, the muscles build up something - lactic acid, maybe? I hate my memory - when they're under stress, which is then released when massaged. This was eons before I was diagnosed, but now I realize why I hurt so badly every time I went to get one. Our muscles always think they're under stress!

Old 06-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
(female)

tammy2000 HB User

Ive had both pt and my first massage on tuesday last week, i dont think i will ever let them do a massage again i had to cancle my pt on wed. and i am still hurting today fri. it felt good when she was doing it but i never dreamed id feel like this.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

I have myofascial release which, at least for me, was done very gently. I also have trigger point injections and see a chiropractor. One day i had all 3 treatments in one day (duh) and i flared for a week, mostly fatigue and flulike symptoms. This past week i only had pt and injections and i didn't flare. I read that after body work to drink lots of water and rest in a dimly lit room to let my body recover. I try to do that. I know i couldn't tolerate a regular massage.

Closed Thread