It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
(female)

thenewfmgirl HB User
Hi everyone & chest symptoms

Hi board members & supporters,

First let me say I'm sorry for not keeping up like I want to. I hope to get better about that and provide some support as you all have done for me.

The last few days I've been having some pain/soreness in my upper chest, like right between breasts and right over them on both sides. It's not like PMS pain, I'm very familiar with that! It's just soreness, even to touch the rib & bone areas there. Does this sound like fibro? At first I was like "ohmygosh I'm having chest pain!" until I realized it was more soreness than a sharp pain. This is new, though my bottom ribs have ALWAYS been sore. I know there can be tender points up near the top of the chest, so I'm just not sure what to think.

L.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
(female)

tammy2000 HB User
Re: Hi everyone & chest symptoms

Hi, I to have always had the pains you are. Sore to touch on the brest bone area and above the breast also. It seems like the muscles are contracting, and it even seems hard to breath with it. Ive had many test and always comes back ,, theres nothing wrong with you!! I get so tired of hearing that.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
(female)

laurietrib HB User

I too have the same chest pain. It hurts to touch, and when I lay on my side in bed. I have had the tests done also and they say nothing is wrong.
It is scary to have chest pain and not think you are having a heart attack. I don't think I can have one for 2 years straight. It is nice to know there are others with the same problem.

Laurie

Old 06-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
(female)

thenewfmgirl HB User

Sore to touch on the brest bone area and above the breast also. It seems like the muscles are contracting, and it even seems hard to breath with it.

Yep, that's pretty much it. It's been kind of scary but since the pain seems to move around a bit, I've tried not to get too upset about it. It's just even so sore to touch. That's the weirdest part.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
(female)

thenewfmgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurietrib View Post
I too have the same chest pain. It hurts to touch, and when I lay on my side in bed. I have had the tests done also and they say nothing is wrong.
It is scary to have chest pain and not think you are having a heart attack. I don't think I can have one for 2 years straight. It is nice to know there are others with the same problem.

Laurie
Thanks Laurie,

Yes, sore to touch - very. It's been so weird, this pain - kind of scary since it's in the chest. I've also been having a lot of GERD problem this week, so that's causing some internal pain as well, and I've been scared it's cardiac. I keep telling myself it's not, though. I mean, it's been there for pretty much 3 days now, going and coming and moving from one spot to another. I don't think our hearts move. At least I keep telling myself that.

Old 06-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

The pain you describe is a common FMS symptom.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 06-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #7
(female)

laurietrib HB User

This may sound weird, but when I take my bra off my chest feels tight I guess that is how I would explain it.

I have had all the cardio tests and the doc says my heart is okay but I still worry. I don't like to be alone. My chest pain seems to come and go. I also have acid reflux.

I was wondering how long it took to get a diagnosis of fibro. I am going through the tests for arthritis etc. right now.

Laurie

Old 06-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
(female)

laurietrib HB User

I was also wondering if your pain seemed to come and go. And if weather had anything to do with it?

Thanks, Laurie

Last edited by laurietrib; 06-23-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Laurie:

You are headed in the right direction by ruling out possible problems. FMS diagnosis is made by ruling out other things first, and the process can be very frustrating. Just so you know, the symptoms you describe are quite common to people with FMS, even the acid reflux. Having chest pains is kind of scarey, and I understand your concern. After you have ruled out other, more serious issues, then you can probably chock the pain up to FMS and get on with your life.

It took 15 years to obtain my diagnosis. The first 15 years I went from doctor to doctor, all of which were as clueless as a turnip. It does seem doctors are more aware of FMS than they were 15-20 years ago, however.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 06-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #10
(female)

thenewfmgirl HB User

Hi Laurie,

It took me several months to get a dx of fibro, which is pretty quick compared to what I've read. My chest pain per se is gone, but now I'm left with a lot of tightness, like my chest and back muscles totally tightening up. It's terrible. Good luck with your tests and God bless!

L.

Closed Thread