It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

sunny47 HB User
Low abd discomfort and weird sensation?

For the past week or so I have had low abdominal discomfort - not real pain - more like a dull aching. Sometimes it is more and my pelvic bone, low back or hip areas ache / hurt. It is different from my usual FM aching / pain.

Please do not think I am crazy - I also get something weird that is very hard to discribe. I get this intermittent buzzing / vibrating feeling in my lower abd - can not feel anything when I put my hand on my abdomen - it is inside - not gas or growling.

I am post menopausal by 10 years but the discomfort is almost like I used to get when I first would start my period before the cramps came. Just a heaviness.

Any one else have this - is it part of FM??????????

Last edited by sunny47; 06-18-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Low abd discomfort and weird sensation?

Possibly IBS? Any bowel symptoms as well? Just a quick thought

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 03:13 AM   #3
(female)

sunny47 HB User

No change in bowels - always had "nervous diarrhea" but nothing new.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
(female)

denise66 HB User

having low abdominal aching low back pain.The pain in the abdomen travels to groin tired all the time any thoughts

Old 03-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Do you think it is your bones or the tissue around the areas you mentioned?

Kirstee

Old 04-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
(female)

fibromommy HB User

I have been experiencing pain in a spot below my ribs on my right side. It has been mostly awful, dissapearing only for brief glorious moments, lasting about a month now. It seems to be getting worse, but I cant find any info about pain in this location. Ideas?

Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi there just want to add lve been getting lower stomach discomfort etc thinking l was having water infections alot (twice l did) and have pain too under right ribs area spent a few days in hospital 2 weeks ago they thought l had appendicitis then it was discovered l have a cyst on my right ovary. If the pain gets worse l would get it checked out Good lucl

Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
(female)

Fibrobugsme HB UserFibrobugsme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny47 View Post
For the past week or so I have had low abdominal discomfort - not real pain - more like a dull aching. Sometimes it is more and my pelvic bone, low back or hip areas ache / hurt. It is different from my usual FM aching / pain.

Please do not think I am crazy - I also get something weird that is very hard to discribe. I get this intermittent buzzing / vibrating feeling in my lower abd - can not feel anything when I put my hand on my abdomen - it is inside - not gas or growling.

I am post menopausal by 10 years but the discomfort is almost like I used to get when I first would start my period before the cramps came. Just a heaviness.

Any one else have this - is it part of FM??????????

When my doctor examined me last month I had a couple of sensitive areas in my abdomen and she is sending me for a CAT scan. I have to go on the 8th. I've never had one before and I'm more than a little nervous. I have big time anxiety so it's at the max right now. The thing that bothers me most is the injection of the dye. The rest doesn't seem too bad. I think they might find that I have IBS or something. I've always had a nervous stomach and the "runs" so maybe they'll see what the problem is.

I don't know if what you're describing is from FM or not. I'd get it checked out if I were you.
Take care,
Sharon

Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Since July I've had a very pin point pain just below and to the right of the belly button. A right ovarian cyst was monitored and went away.

Still have the pin point pain. Sometimes it goes away, then comes back.

My dr. said it could just be the IBS (which I do have).

Old 04-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User

I've always had, off and on for years, strange buzzing sensations all over my body and in the back of my head. Its some kind of nerve thing - may be part of FIBRO or just something odd??

Any new symptom which you've never had before should be run by your doctor - its dangerous to always assume its the FM. Probably is !! But, maybe check with your doctor.

MaryAnn

Old 04-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Denise- you might want to start a new thread. Your question might've gotten lost. Do you have fibro?

Fibromommy- I had this last month. On my right side, lower ribs and just under the ribs. I had it on the left, but only when I touched it. Lasted a few weeks. My ribs are frequently sore, but this was a new one.

Gall bladders is on that side (I think!), so you might want to look that up and rule out gall stones. Does it get worse when you eat fatty foods?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
(female)

fibromommy HB User

I went to a doctor, and the end result after blood, urine tests and a Ct scan all showed "nothing is wrong", except for the degenerative spine disease. But when I asked if the ovarian cysts, I am told I have, could be the cause, I was told the pain would be much lower...

So, I am home still having that pain. And it is getting really tiresome.

Fatty foods don't make a difference...I ate pizza with greasy meat on it and felt the same.

Only new thing is now I can pass gas on command, like my husband. I only pootered when I ate split pea soup, before. Oh, and after I pass gas, the pain IS gone for a 1/2 hour or so...This has been going on for about a week and a half, the relentless ache under my ribs may be transferred pain (?)....Right now I don't know. I will get an ultrasound on Friday and MAYBE something will show up. At least I am very happy I don't have to have any of my organs removed!

I AM going to try one thing: a naturopath told me that at least half of his CFS/Fibro patients also have low levels of Epstien Barr Virus and if one takes this natural (cancer) treatment, Arabinogalactan Powder (it is derived from Larch trees), for 6-12 months then the viruses will be gone. I trust this advice. I let you know if it works.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
(female)

dozzy HB User

Hi, Over the last week or so I have had similar pain, my doc thought it was a kidney infection then suggested it was an inflammed bowel and bladder because of IBS associated with Fibro. Ive gone back on my peppermint oil tablets and it seems to of helped, might be worth a try. Lots of water aswell. Do you go for a pee alot?

dozzy

Closed Thread