It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User
Anyone Have Sleep Problems Also?

I switched from Synthroid to Armour. For a while I felt good although sometimes I had trouble sleeping. I have been on Armour for two months. Now I am always tired and sleepy. As a matter of fact I slept 16 hours on and off one day last week and it happened again yesterday. I get so tired and exhaust like someone turn off the switch. I fall asleep in the middle of the day. I have never done that in my life. I went to the ENDO for another TSH test showed I need to up my meds so and he increased my Armour does by a half a grain or equivilant to .50 mcg of synthroid. Has anone else experienced this wanting to "constanly sleep problem" when on thyroid meds? The Armour dose that made me feel good two months ago now making me tired, even though I upped the dose.? Doc told me it will take a month on the higher dose of Armour to get a correct TSH reading. I don't know if I can take another month of feeling so tired and falling asleep all the time

Old 06-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
(female)

Last'sGal HB User
Re: Anyone Have Sleep Problems Also?

I have fibro, but no thyroid issues, so I don't take this medicine. However, according to the web, Armour can cause changes in your blood sugar levels. Tiredness is not on the list of side effects at all, only sleeplessness. I'd call your doctor to discuss it, since low blood sugar levels can cause the lethargy you describe.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User

Thanks. I just had the blood sugar checked. It was ok. The problem with low thyroid function is the symptoms are so similar to Fibro. Actually I've had a doctor tell me I had Fibro and another doc said I don't. My current doc says until I get my thyroid to back to normal, he won't know.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #4
(male)

angorb HB User

I am on thyroid meds and I am not quite used to them.

I can only sleep limited times due to disturbances, but have a CPAP so do the best I can.

During the day I stay awake although I am tired and want to take naps.

Yes, I have the same problem. I had to go through a sleep study to have this mapped out for me.

angorb

Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
(female)

Izzybella HB User

........................................ ...........

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 08:24 PM.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

One of the worse symptoms for me from the fibro is not being able to sleep. Lack of sleep of course causes more pain. I take right now .88mcg of synthroid and 25mcg of cytomel (T3). The cytomel has helped my fatigue quite a bit and when I was taking higher doses of synthroid (112mcg, and then down to 100mcg) I seem to not be as tired. However when my doc lowered the syntroid dose to .88mcg some of the tiredness returned. She lowered the syntroid because blood tests showed my tsh to be in the very hyper range.

I take AmbienCR everynight to be able to fall asleep and one 25mg. OTC benadryl. It works fine now on the synthroid dose I am on but when I was in the more hyper range (tsh 0.057 and 0.042) on the higher doses of synthroid I couldn't fall asleep on the normal AmbienCR dose (12.5mg), I had to take 1 1/2 just to be able to fall asleep.

I guess what I am trying to say is to be sure to take all factors into account with the thyroid meds and lack of and or wanting to sleep too much. It is a very fine line to get it all in the right dosage and I'm not there yet. The cytomel is great but I liked feeling more normal and not so tired with the higher doses of synthroid. However it was not the greatest not being able to fall asleep on the normal sleep med dose.

Perhaps all you need is sleep meds to get a deeper sleep. Or is that not an option for you.

Glojer

Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
(female)

sunny47 HB User

I saw my PCP this morning and he ordered Clonazepam to help with both my restless legs and sleep difficulties. He is trying to find something that may help both problems. I have reactions to a lot of meds and can take Lorazepam without a problem, so he said try this.

Anybody been on that? Or any feedback on this medicine.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

They gave my hubby Lorazapam when he started chemo. They said it was to help with his nausea, but I think they were just trying to keep him calm since he had to be there for eight hours a day five days a week for the chemo. Anyway it made him confused and disoriented and very sleepy and he was taken off it after the first week. Some people have no problem with it, I wish you luck.

Glojer

Closed Thread