It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
(female)

Izzybella HB User
Feeling alone and isolated

........................................ ...

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
(male)

peddle4ever HB User
Re: Feeling alone and isolated

You're not alone. No doubt most fatigue sufferers feel similarly. I feel like I'm losing the best years of my life as I just sit around at home hoping to find a cure for my health issues. I'm too tired to work and I live a solitary, isolated and lonely life. I use the few hours of OK energy I get per day to go to the gym and bike. I rarely socialize and I'm not exactly marketable to the opposite sex in my present condition. It would be nice if there was a dating site for depressed losers like myself suffering from CF and related symptoms. Ha!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Have you checked with your local hospital to see if they know of a fibro support group?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #4
(female)

babyboomer6 HB Userbabyboomer6 HB User

Please find a support group. I live in a small town and we have about 5 to 6 members is all. But we can relate to each other when family and friends don't have a clue. It helps! I am at an all time low with this syndrome. I hurt all the time. Even with meds. babyboomer (I fully understand how you feel)

Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
(female)

Izzybella HB User

........................................ .....

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
(female)

Piano-Girl HB User

I certainly know how you feel. Just try and get through the rough spots, better days are ahead.
Hugs!!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I try not to isolate myself. I go when I can and when I can't I turn down invitations with a polite response, always asking to not hesitate to ask me again. Fibro is what I have, not who I am. I don't complain to others (well sometimes my best friend) because most people don't want to hear about it. Besides I never know what might be going on in their lives that is worse than mine. I understand it is very hard, but pushing yourself to just get out and take a walk can be very helpful.

My hubby almost lost his life last year and while he was at physical rehab, I saw people with multiple amputations and strokes and the worst were the brain injuries and trauma and they never quit. They would work and work to put a little yellow peg in a hole on a board or take one step or just hold their head up. Today we visited my BIL in the nursing home. He is 68 and has Cerebral Palsey. To me it is a depressing place, to him it is now home.

Isolate myself, no way.....feel alone, no way! I'm afraid I could be worse off than I am! And worse yet I could live in such a depressing place as that nursing home!!!!!!

Glojer

Closed Thread