HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   Please Help,info Needed (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/510565-please-help-info-needed.html)

binks 06-22-2007 09:52 PM

Please Help,info Needed

:confused: I have severe fibromyalgia with joint pains. I would like to hear from people who have used MSM and glucosamine and chondroitin. Please tell me you experiences, and what doses of each may have helped. What has helpled with pain and fatigue? Anyone need thyroid and adrenal support as well?

Thanks!

rosebuddy 06-23-2007 07:16 AM

Re: Please Help,info Needed

I use glucosamine and chondroitin because i have bad joints in my hips and knees. I take 2 pills a day with food. Magnesium and malic acid help with muscle pain. Don't take too much magnesium or you can get diarrea. I think there are 2 kinds of magnesium. The main thing i do for fatigue is get as much sleep as possible and if I'm overactive one day, especially shopping and cleaning and going in & out of the heat, i pay like hell the next. I hope you feel better soon.

binks 06-23-2007 09:23 AM

Thanks for your message. How much calcium and magnesium do you take per day? What other things have you tried that have helpled? I too must rest every other day. I am out and about one day, and in bed the next. I have to pace myself.

rosebuddy 06-24-2007 04:52 AM

There is a bulletin at the top of this board about vitamins etc. that you could check out. I need to review it too. I take 4 malic Acid with Magnesium tablets a day. 1.5 grams of malic acid (there is no fda daily requirement for this) and 500 mg of magnesium citrate 125% of the daily requirement; and i take 3 Source of Life whole food vitamins which have magnesium as aminoate complex 100 mg which is 25% of the daily requirement. When i added a magnesium oxide tablet, I got diarrhea, but I really can't remember for sure which one causes diarrhea. you know like milk of magnesia. I also eat an apple every day, they are a good source of malic acid. I still have flares right before it rains and when a cold front moves in and if i overdo it. But i used to be in chronic pain + flares and was bedridden for awhile. I really think the vitamins help and minerals help. I also take a whole slew of other ones and Noni Juice. And I drink a protein shake with 25 or so essential amino acids.

rosebuddy 06-24-2007 05:09 AM

This is what is on the sticky at the top of the board:Magnesium (54% as magnesium aspartate–ascorbate complex, 28% magnesium aspartate, and 18% as magnesium amino acid chelate). – 350mg – Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer. I am so glad you brought this up. I am going to do more research on the magnesium; I could be taking the wrong kinds/amounts so please don't go by what i am presently taking.

martha5 06-28-2007 03:07 AM

Hi all, I'm relatively new here.:) I was diagnosed with FM a few year ago and so far haven't been given any help from the docs at all...just have to deal with it. There's a lot of people who don't understand this illness as they just think you're whinging. It didn't bother me too much until I got NHL twice. It's in remission again, but, in the mornings I'm really stiff and feel so weary all day. I take Glucosamin/multivitamins and minerals with Iron, but just can't get my energy levels back. I did read all the stuff you all recommended, but, I'm a bit nervous as to taking it all. Any quick fixes please?