It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

Smithville mom HB User
Supplements?

I'm new to this sight, and I was wondering which supplements I should be taking for FM. I was diagnosed in April 2003. I'm 25. I have heard that vitamin B complex is helpful, but I hear a lot... so I was just hoping for some experienced help. I would really appreciate it! Thanks, Jessi

Old 07-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Re: Supplements?

Welcome!
I've found that if I miss my vitamins for one day, I really feel it. I know they really do help even if it doesn't seem to make a difference at the time.
I take a good multi, B-12, B-complex, fish oil after breakfast or lunch, and calcium with D and magnesium a couple of hours before bed.

Last edited by tawnyjade; 07-04-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Smithville Mom:

So nice to meet you. I hope you fund good information at this site.

I would also recommend a coenzyme Q10 75 mg daily. This supplment improves oxygenation of tissues, enhances the effectiveness of the immune system, and protects the heart.

If you are having trouble with IBS, I would also recomend Acidophilus, as directed on the label. Candida infection is very common in people with FMS.

Lecithin will promote energy, enhance immunity, aids in brain function.

The magnesium that Tawny recommended is great. Try to find a tablet with Malic acid AND magnesium combined. This will help give you energy production in the cells of your body, and is needed for sugar metabolism.

Manganese 5 mg daily (take separate from calcium) helps influence the metabolic rate by its involvement in the pituitary-hypothalmic-thyroid axis.

Also, drink plenty of liquids to help flush out toxins. Avoid green peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, and white potatoes (these foods contain solanine which interferes with enzymes in the muscles, and may cause pain and discomfort).

I may have given to much info! Take what you can use.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 07-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
(female)

Smithville mom HB User

thank you so much, It really helped. I'm going to go get some of those things tomorrow. I have actually been taking a multivitamin, spirulina, malic acid with magnesium, magneese, iron and vitamin C for almost a year, I just get so tired, ya know. So I wanted to see if there was something else out there for me. Thank you, I also had no idea that tomatoes were bad for me I love them It'll be nice to have a support network now!

Closed Thread