It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

robeano HB User
Question constipation from pain meds

I am having severe constipation from all my pain meds - shoot probably from all my other meds too. I have tried stool softeners, MOM, enemas, etc. Any herbal remedies or such I can try? I don't want to try any stimulants because the body gets addicted to them, and then you can't go without taking them. it is a catch 22. someone, please help.. thanks

Old 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
(female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User
Re: constipation from pain meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeano View Post
I am having severe constipation from all my pain meds - shoot probably from all my other meds too. I have tried stool softeners, MOM, enemas, etc. Any herbal remedies or such I can try? I don't want to try any stimulants because the body gets addicted to them, and then you can't go without taking them. it is a catch 22. someone, please help.. thanks
Hello. This is my first time to post here. I am usually on the back pain support board here on *****.

As to your question, Magnesium (vitamin) seems to help some people.

Another girl told me yesterday that she uses Vegatable Laxative, and she buys it in the Pharmacy Dept. at Walmart's. No prescription is needed and it is all natural.

It wouldn't hurt to try both of these to see if either one of thenm will help. I do not have a constipation problem, but If I did, I would buy both of these based on others positive comments about them.
Hope things will get better for you.
Later, Brenda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

robeano HB User

I just started taking magnesium and fish oil and it is helping. thanks for your reply!! have a blessed day!! Robyn

Old 07-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #4
(female)

Kutztown07 HB User

I have the same problem. I take a probiotic name DOS-PLUS aqcidophilus & bifidus with fos 5 million units. I take 1 capsule daily.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
(female)

robeano HB User

glad u too have found something for your constipation. do u get it at a health food store or gnc?? thanks for the info. it very appreciated..

Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
(female)

were2alike HB User

hello i use peanut butter and grahm crackers it keeps me regular but if not i take a stool softner and drink plenty of water. but lately i been ok

Old 07-12-2007, 01:50 AM   #7
(male)

ddgryphon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by were2alike View Post
hello i use peanut butter and grahm crackers it keeps me regular but if not i take a stool softner and drink plenty of water. but lately i been ok
Make sure you take something like Benefiber and a stool softener--the last thing you want is an impacted colon--there aren't words for what additional misery that is.

Also, drink about 4-12 oz of Prune Juice daily. If all else fails, there is a great herbal tea called (I kid you not) Smooth Move which you should probably try any day you don't have a bowel movement. Any day you don't have a BM is a day you should take a laxative.

Also, Aloe Vera Juice is really good for cleansing the system.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:08 AM   #8
(female)

Kutztown07 HB User

I bought this at a Health food store. It is stored in the refrigerator.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
(female)

robeano HB User

thank you all for your wonderful advice. we have success!!! LOL!! hope i get to help some of you along the way too. thanks again to all of you. sending you all pain free wishes.
Robeano

Old 07-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

MIRALAX. I have tried all the others, and in addition to nightly stool softeners to keep things going, Miralax is like the miracle it claims to be. It is over the counter.

Closed Thread