It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

MRoachell HB User
Question about the Pain

I keep having recurrent pain, BURNING, ACHING, pain like if I had lifted weights, which I haven't in my face, from my forehead, jaws, back of neck, front of neck (throat), when talking sometimes it makes the muscles in my throat burn/ache, shoulders, arms, back, hips, legs. It feels better when at rest but I can still feel it, just not as bad when moving. Can someone who absolutely knows they have fibromyalgia, please explain the type of pain and where it is. Thank you so much.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
(female)

MRoachell HB User
Re: Question about the Pain

I forgot to say this also, when brushing my teeth or brushing my hair and drying it with a round brush, my arms start burning, or even washing my hair in shower?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

There are 18 trigger points when checking to see if someone has fibro. The pain can be anywhere from a burning, tingling pain to a dull ache to feeling like you have been hit by a mack truck. When being diagnosed with fibro if you have 11 of the 18 trigger points and have tested negative for MS and several other autoimmune diseases that is when you are diagnosed with the fibro as there is no "test" for it.

The 11 of the 18 trigger points is to see how bad the fibro is. When I was diagnosed finally, I had 18 out of 18 trigger points. I have had the worst pain in my hips, shoulders, neck and lower back. Sometimes it will go away but sometimes in will stay in a certain place for quite a while. I am having a major problem right now in my left shoulder. If I reached for something on a shelf a couple of inches away it felt like something had popped out of place and the pain was unbearable. I would then just have to stand there until the pain went away. I started thinking that maybe I had done something else to it and went to my GP who had Xrays taken thinking I may have bone lock. He then sent me to an Orthopedic doc who advised that it was the fibro. Now this particular problem has been going on for 5 months now. I asked the Orthopedic doc how much longer he thought this may go on. His rather rude answer was Do you think there is a cure for fibro? I told him I knew there was not. He said there is no telling how long this one trigger point would go on with this particular problem. He told me to put ice packs on it. My pain doc who treats my fibro tells me to use heat pads. I have found that the ice packs make the pain worse.

Hope this helps some.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sorry You also have the pain in your legs, arms, elbows and top of chest

Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
(female)

BALiera HB User

strange...i get the top of the chest thing, well kinda mine is more of like a soreness only it feels like its the muscle. it doens't feel like its beneath, i sometimes freak out thinking that i am having a heartattack and i am only 23 years old...very scary. i don't take any meds too scared of there side effects. for the most part i am not in pain. my pain is triggered when using my arms for some reason it goes up into my scalp making me feel like i have a headache, plus i become foggy headed and can't concentrate. the fogginess and tiredness is the worst of the symptoms for me.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I understand and everyone is different. The fogginess is what they refer to as "fibro fog". There are some days I can't even put a sentence together. What types of meds have the drs offered to you that you are so afraid of the side affects, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
(female)

BALiera HB User

I've been offered lots of meds... most of the time I ended up buying them but then I'd get scared reading the side effects... i am quite paranoid about meds i've had reactions to them before. But to answer your question...(i don't mind questions) anyway i've been offered Cymbalta most recently, Flexeril, Lyrica, Meloxicam for pain, Zoloft, Prozac, Xanax... basically any anti anxiety meds and muscle relaxants. The only drug that i've taken for the anxiety was Effexor which did wonders for me at a very low dose... but the withdrawl side effects got me sick for months. At times I've wonder if fibro didn't arise from stopping effexor because all this started right as I came off of it, plus I was pregnat too. I took Effexor for GAD, which I now pretty much control on my own.

Closed Thread