It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User
Pain Sensors

I just read a post on here about people with Fibro having pain sensors that just keep firing.

6months ago I started having pain in my lower right abdomen. I went to the ER 2 weeks later thinking appendicitis, they gave me blood tests and physical exam. I wasn't vomiting nor did I have a fever. I did the rebound test and pushed on the spot that hurt and I didn't feel a thing.

I went to my regular DR 2days later, he ordered a colonoscopy (which was normal) a sonogram...the only found in there was trapped gas where my pain was but she said since you had the colonoscopy 2 days ago it could be from that( just odd where the trapped gas is the pain is in the same place) then a CTScan w/contrast...all was normal and healthy, my appendix was healthy and normal size.

I was DX'd with Fibro 6yrs ago.......could this pain be due to my fibro and the pain sensors are just firing when there really is no need to?

I am getting ready to have an MRI of my brain, neck, and back ..... also an EMG. Think they are going to rule out MS, since that was never done. I just had everything else ruled out.

I'm wondering if that is why my stomach pain has lasted so long. Its mild pain, Im not doubled over but just found that information interesting.

Hope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread