It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

sam37 HB User
i have been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia

it really gets me down not being able to do certain things without feeling totally warn out
i recently tried to claim disability living allowance but was told i didnt fit into their catagory does anyone else suffer from this and have they been successful in recieving dla

Old 07-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
(female)

AggrevatedinSD HB User
Re: i have been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Hi, Welcome!
I have fibro too...it's not nice and is no respecter in any capacity! I did try to get dla, however I was told the same thing. They sent me for a functional capacity test and some other testing that I cannot recall. I was at Mayo Clinic for 3 days and went through their pain clinic at St. Mary's. It was very informational, however the day to day stressors eg: work, children, etc. kept things going until (I found) that reducing caffeine, increasing water, and a protein shake once a day...usually breakfast did help. Also, when you feel like it, a walk. I lived about 50 feet from a corner and the first week, I walked 50 feet only. It's a long process and you will have to find what works for you. I have had FM (dx) for 13 years...felt it long before...and it isn't easy, however, I don't think antidepressant meds are always the way to go! Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #3
(female)

mjling HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam37 View Post
it really gets me down not being able to do certain things without feeling totally warn out
i recently tried to claim disability living allowance but was told i didnt fit into their catagory does anyone else suffer from this and have they been successful in recieving dla
I have had fibermyalgia for years, this year it has got to the point that I had to quit my job, what a blow this was to me. I'm a very active person and now I feel like my world has stopped. I have applied for ssd because of the fibro and other health problems, I was denied on my first try and now I'm appeal it.

Last edited by mjling; 03-07-2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: wrong letter used

Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Sam37, welcome, and you're in good company here. There are lots of brave people here that will encourage you daily. If you "search on this board" you can see other posts related to trying to get disability. My health was a large part of my giving up my business and my greatest volunteer job; my husband looked into disability back then, but we didn't know that part of my problem was fibro back then. Hope it all works out for you. Take care!

Closed Thread