It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
(female)

MRoachell HB User
Description of the Pain

I was wondering if ya'll could give examples of where you feel the pain, and what the pain feels like. Because mine, is a burning, aching pain, which appears anywhere I use a muscle, even my face, including forehead, cheeks and jaw,throat and front and back of neck. In my face it has the burning pain of when you smile for a long time ya know when your cheeks start hurting, I get that kind of pain in my forehead, cheeks, and jaw. The same kind of burning pain my my neck, throat, arms when brushing teeth or shampooing/combing hair, lower back and legs. So, if you would let's make a list of the description of pain and places it is felt.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Re: Description of the Pain

Hi there:

Sorry no one has responded yet--they will. My pain is pretty much all over. When I wake up in the morning I hurt head to toe....but when I get moving around I start to feel a bit better. My worst time is at night time with my lower back/hips/butt/and legs. I hurt sooooo bad--my legs have a deep bone ache in them, so I have to take pain meds at night. My neck also bothers me, and I get headaches a lot.
I think everyone has different kinds of pain, so it's always important to rule everything else out before getting a diagonsis of FM.

You'll get more responses soon

Have a great day,
schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

My pain is mostly in my lower back and hips. Also neck, shoulders and upper back. Feels like a dull aching pain to a stabbing pain when those body parts become engaged. I wake up somewhat achy in the morning but I feel worse as the day goes on and depending on how much Im pushing myself. I also have flu like symptoms when Im entertaining a flare which also gets worse with the course of the day. My pain is also from a sever stiffness I get in all those body parts plus the hands, wrists, ankles and feet, elbows and knees. If I stay in one position for too long my joints get stuck in pain and I actually have to gently move that joint, with help, (I cant move it by itself) to straighten it out. It hurts so bad. I also get sever cramping all over my body. If that's not pain, I don't know what is. Then there's the pain of the migraine type head aches and lets not forget the swelling of veins along side my head, they hurt too. My throat hurts for months on end sometimes and The Pain I have endured from IBS?
Lets just say; "Fibro-my-agony"!!!!
Feel well,
Felicia

Old 07-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
(female)

kristi1 HB User

My pain is mainly in my right hip and back. Sometimes I have pain that radiates down my right leg, too. Often, my rib cage feels like it is breaking and it even hurts to wear a bra. I feel terrrible in the mornings, but after an hour or so, I start feeling a little better. I think I am getting use to the pain.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
(female)

Barb55 HB User
Question Re: Description of the Pain

Hi,
I hope you got some support from others that can identify with what you are going through. It seems like everyone is on the same page with their pain symptoms and daily regimens. I also hurt worse in the morning and it gets harder, if I use my body to garden,shop, etc. When I am in a flare-up, I am in bed for days, except to go to the bathroom or eat, because I am so exhausted. I am there now, so I came to my computer tonight to find a **** where I could hopefully get some support and read about others with the same problem. I don't know about everyone else, but I get so frustrated with this stuff! I had to quit my full-time job 4 yrs ago and now I am trying to work very part-time and here we go again. The pain causes depression and the depression causes lack of sleep, which of course, causes more pain. It is a viscious cycle. The treatments that have helped me have been massage therapy and chiropractic, besides my meds. I do not like to take steroids though, does anyone have good results with them without the swelling?Thanks everyone for listening.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:18 AM   #6
(female)

tweiler HB User

If I try to do any kind of cleaning, I get burning pain in my upper back. I get headaches daily and my neck gets stiff easily. If I try to walk/stand/sit for too long, then I get stabbing pain in my lower back/hips/waist area. I absolutely can't lie flat because I get pain stabbing down my legs, although it stops when I move. If I sit too long I get similar pain so we have learned to watch for places to stop so I can get out and stretch when we are on a long trip.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:55 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

fibro_fighter HB User

yeah its odd, seems out of the many who suffer from fibro my pain is abit different.Well mine has always mostly been back of the legs and my arms, up to my muscles.Also when im real tired my rib cage hurts.Now i find drinking some hot tea helps that. Afew time i have had pain in my face, but that has been totally random, once or twice, i think under real heavy stress.Dont get that though.
The pain is sorta like a gnawing feeling..best i can describe it. I usually use tiger balm on all the sore spots, and that helps.

Boy i was just thinking to myself about fibro today and what a bloody weird condition it is.Its almost like a teaser to make life difficult for you. I believe 100% after almost 5 years living with this that its a stress related condition and ppl who are especially good, kind people, perfectionists, hypocondriacs, stressers get this. I have had like almost 2 free years with fibro at all, rollerskating, going to gym and so on. Now i have been in abit of a flare.

Its not so much now the pain that has bugged me but the fatigue.Also been having some panic attacks related to that which suck big time.
Today at 17:30 im going for accupuncture, some kind of session to give my energy all back. Lets see what happens!

Old 07-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
(female)

HazelEyedHoney HB User
Cool Re: Description of the Pain

My pain is in my upper and lower back and legs, hips, neck, face, shoulders and arms and cramping in my chest. I've been diagnosed with CFS, RLS, IBS, PT SD, insomnia and migraines. I need help moving my limbs in the morning and stretching. I feel worse as the day goes on. I block out the sunlight in my room and anything that makes the pain worse. My pain is an all over pain that I describe as what I think a third degree sun burn would feel like. Plus I get sever stiffness, cramping, and pain like atrophy from limited movement of my muscles and joints...Then migraine head aches swelling... also sometimes I get what look like welts on my arms. My throat hurts for long periods of time which makes it hard to swallow or speak... and this is just part of the pain from FM. Theres also the side effects from the treatments which can double or eclipse the pain depending on what different drug I'm on this week. I have spent years going from different experts in the field of FM and all of them tell my that my pain is so bad that even experimental drugs won't work until they some kind of a cure. Right now I'm trying to get on the drug Pregabalin otherwise know as Lyrica.

I hope this helps and that you will feel better soon.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
(female)

georgie04 HB User

Hi there, I notice from your other posts you are also having trouble with fatigue. For what it is worth my symptoms a few years ago included very much the burning pain you describe (couldn't hold a telephone up to my ear without severe muscle pain). Any muscle would hurt if I used it. I also had terrible fatigue, as well as joint pain - mainly hips and knees.

In my case it turned out to be thyroid, so if you haven't already please be sure to get that properly checked out. It can be tricky to diagnose if you are borderline and also depends on how knowledgable your doctor is. In my case my doctor strenuously denied anything being wrong with my thyroid - but I was lucky enough to find a rheumatologist who thought that was exactly the problem. After only a few weeks on the meds I felt like a whole new person.

Closed Thread