It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
(female)

fun4life HB User
I am pain free from Fibro!

Hi,
I began taking Cymbalta 60mg about 3 months ago and after about 2 1/2 months I noticed that I had no more Fibro pain. I still can't believe it because I kept hearing there's nothing we can for Fibro from my rheumy. I asked my gp for Cymbalta because I'd heard others had done well on it and he prescribed it, my rheumy wouldn't. It is so worth it to gain a little weight to gain a pain free life. I feel like I've crossed over to the other side of pain for the first time in 5 years! Well, gotta go exercise and enjoy life and the world again!
Fun4life

Last edited by fun4life; 07-12-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
(female)

robeano HB User
Re: I am pain free from Fibro!

fun4life,
congratulations!!! i am so happy for you. i know we all hope to be where you are one day!! Enjoy !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

germanshepherd HB User
Hi Fun.

My hubby has been on cymbalta for 4 months about and is taking 60 mg.s for fibro pain and feeling no relief. He was also on Lyrica for almost a yr and no relief either. We both suffer from fibro and I won't try any of those drugs because I recently lost 37 pounds do to the fact I was on a high dose of effexor xr for anxiety. I suffer from severe lower back pain and taking narcotics. My pain management doctor wanted to try me on Cymbalta and I told her no because I can't gain wieght again. My hubby has a weight problem, so I couldn't tell you if it has effected him that way. How much weight did you gain? I am so glad you are doing well. Fibro really sucks and when you are compromised by fibro and also haveing severe lower back pain it really sucks. I like the narcotics better and don't care about addiction as I won't ever do surgery and will be in pain for the rest of my life. People with fibro should never have major surgery because of the scar tissue and especially in the back area. I did have a hysterectomy last year and it wasen't so bad, the healing time. Best of luck to you and I wonder why cymbalta works for some people and not others? Hugs, Tammy

Last edited by germanshepherd; 07-15-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Closed Thread