It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

fibro_fighter HB User
fibro and breathing panic attacks

hi all..

had fibro for 4 years.In that time i have had some major remissions too.
right now been in a bad flare..not so much muscle ache as extreme fatigue.when my fibro started out it used to be chronic muscle ache..now its like things have sort of reversed.

as of late i always have this feeling that im not getting enough air..even though pulse is normal and heart according to doc is sounding fine.

along with this i have strong anxiety and am having panic attacks, especially in the mornings when i awake. I just seem to be concentrating so much on my breathing..and that only seems to make things worse.

the odd thing is that once i pop a relaxant, i have been prescribed afew, xanor being one. That then this seems to pass and i seem to be able to breath ok. I would think if it was something more severe a relaxant would not help.

So i guess right now i dont know if alot of this is just anxiety or if i really am short of breath. Just very mind boggling.I have been very weak as of late and sleeping horribly.

I cant think of anything worse than feeling you cant breath. It just seriously seems like anxiety can make things so so much worse.Somehow i think a person is afraid that they will have another panic attack.

Oh well if anyone has anything sensible on this matter please do comment..cheers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread