It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

fibro_fighter HB User
the ultimate daily fibro food diet?

Can anyone point me to what that is. [removed]
i could reference and use daily?
I have read so much nonsense related to fibo on some sites concerning diets.
Thinks like not to eat berries, carrots, even tomatoes. I have been in antioxidant care for 4 years of fibro with nothing but positive things about the example foods mentioned above.

I would think alot of the diet is just common sense stuff you should be putting into your mouth.And we are all different.I guess avoiding typical alcohol,cafeine, chocolate, candy and carbs ehh along with pritty much everything that is "white".

cheers!

Last edited by HBMod07; 07-15-2007 at 12:45 PM.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: the ultimate daily fibro food diet?

I think that you're right about just using common sense. At the top of the board is a list of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that we need. i know that magnesium and malic acid help me. I take malic acid or eat an apple each day. And i take magnesium. I also take a whole food vitamin.

And I definitely feel better when i am off sugar.

Others will have more tips, I'm sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: the ultimate daily fibro food diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibro_fighter View Post
I have read so much nonsense related to fibo on some sites concerning diets. ... Thinks like not to eat berries, carrots, even tomatoes.
Fibro Fighter,

Many people with fibro have found that certain foods trigger their fibro symptoms.
Sometimes it is because the food contains oxalate, and that person's body doesn't break down oxalate.
Sometimes it's because the person has an allergy to the food.
Sometimes it's because the person has an autoimmune reaction to a food like gluten, that wrecks their gut AND also triggers the fibro.
Sometimes it's because the person is intolerant of a chemical in the food, like the tomatine & solanine in tomatoes, and this chemical triggers pain.
Sometimes it's because the food interferes with thyroid function, and decreased thyroid function can cause muscle pain & tendonitis.
Sometimes it's because the person is chemically sensitive, and there are various residues on the food.
Sometimes we don't know the exact reason why a specific food triggers fibro -- we just know that, for us, it does.

However, these reactions are highly individual, and do not apply to all or even the majority of fibro sufferers. For those who DO find their triggers, however, there is a silver lining -- less pain.

But you are right, those foods you have mentioned, they are GREAT nutritious foods for many people. Just a problem for some of us.

Best wishes.

Closed Thread