It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

BuddhistGirl HB User
Unknown illness - Could it be FM?

My Doctor is leaning toward a FM diagnosis and I was wondering if anyone recognized their symptoms in my story. My doctor has been testing and retesting me for almost 4 months now. I was struck down with what they thought was costocondrytis, which suddenly became all over pain so bad I could not move. I lost all muscle tone and now trying to walk once a day for 30 minutes even tires me out. I'm always tired, and some days my back pain is worse than ever. I have a hard time remaining positions for long periods of time. I also find various extremities falling asleep or feeling like they are numb. Does anyone recognize the symptoms? It has been very hard not knowing what's wrong with me. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Re: Unknown illness - Could it be FM?

My son's friend's mother had something similar. It lasted a long time. She had to be out of work a few months. She was told she had psoriatic arthritis. She did not have the rash. They said she had the inflammation. There was a point where she could not even get out of bed or walk. They gave her tons of meds. I think steroids and pain meds. All her joints were extremely painful. They actually told her she may have some kind of blood cancer. They scared her to death. She was fine though. Luckily no cancer. She is in her late 30's. Hope you are feeling better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread