It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
I'm still around...!!

Hi everyone, want to say a big welcome to all the new people on the board. I hope to catch up with some of the threads maybe I will meet some of you there.

It has been a few weeks since I have had time to check in on the boards and even then it was just a quick peek. We have this new puppy and between trying to housebreak her (I don't know what got into me getting a puppy) and taking care of her and trying to keep her on a schedule.....well let's just say my schedule is all messed up! I am finding out that not maintaining a schedule for me really lets the fibro flare. That's ok, our puppy will get older and all will work out.

For those of you who remember, braveman is finally on his road to a full recovery. There are still little things to work on but he will be starting physical therapy (outpatient) next week. He is coming off some of his meds, slowly but coming off none the less. We will feel that recovery is complete when he can have his gastric tube removed. He doesn't use it anymore but the docs don't want it removed because his illness is chronic and until he works down off his meds and maintains for a length of time we can't make a better argument than them for removing it. So we just move onward and upward and let God and time take care of it.

I have truly been enjoying time with my daughter who has been changing careers (sort of) and has been out of work for almost 6mo. now. She is a remarkable person, talented and gifted with a heart and spirit of great proportions. She has been doing some discovering about herself and she is finally seeing the beautiful person she really is with all the complications that goes along with being so gifted. I see so so much of my mother in her. I will miss this time when she returns to work but I will cherish it.

We have been spending as much time as possible with our grandson, but according to our son and dil not enough....tee hee! They are just kidding, he is a firecracker....4yrs. old and still going and going and going. He wears me out, I will miss the fact that our daughter helps with the babysitting when she goes back to work.

All in all I have been just living life, keeping the fibro at bay as much as possible and trying to keep the lupus under control and trying to get this thyroid problem under control. I have been taking cytomel (T3) and that was helping a lot but I have had to move the synthroid dose down and up the cytomel and it is back to what if's and maybe again. I won't give up though! that's not in my nature.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone and try to do a little catching up, I hope to get here more often, I really miss everyone when I can't stay in touch.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Unhappy Re: I'm still around...!!

:Hi Glojer, angel:

Glad too see you here as always. Guess that little puppy is controlling your life. It is so easy to get attached. Our dog is 10 and starting to have problems, he never ever left the yard and last week our neighbor brought him home, he was 3 blocks away. I cannot believe it. He thinks this is his house and we live here.

So happy to hear about your hubby, about time some good news. I hope he keeps getting healthier and stronger.

Mine is doing welll so far, sees the cardio in two weeks, he is watching that other blockage very closely. Cliff has poisen of some sort, he was using benadryl cream but does not seem to help it is spreading, an older woman told him to use white shoe polish, she said her mother always used that for her and the family. never heard that one.

Grandchildren are fun but you are right they sure wear you out. I think we should be grandparents in our 30's when we still have energy. My one g-frend just became a grandmother for the first time at the age of 66. she has fm alo.

There sure are a lot of newbies on the site and I am happy to see them here.

Love, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 07-20-2007, 05:21 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: I'm still around...!!

hi glojer,
joy joy joy. children and puppies. can't think of anything cuter. give my dear braveman a huge hug for me. he sure has come a long way.
sorry i am being quiet too. trying to be here. having some health stuff going on. ct scan of brain on wed. urologist thursday and today another ct scan of my abdomen. still having difficulty there. lupus, fibro, r.a., ibs, cmp, heck everyone has put in a appearance lately. hello babies and welcome home. guess they missed me. tee hee.
doing some steroids pre ct scan. have a very mild reaction to iodine. so, gobs of energy will be mine today, giggle. hoping it will also ease the other goodies, sort of a silver lining to it all, one hopes. hope hope hope.
all is well here. my high school chums are coming for our little reunion tomorrow. we meet every 2 years. there are 5 of us. i was always the leader, forging ahead into all the dangers adventure offers. they say i was never afraid of anything. funny, i still challenge fear, and i win!
be well girls. love to you linda. glad your sweet man is doing mostly okay. will keep him as always in my thoughts and meditations.
love and hugs,
blue
ps. had one of my granddaughters over to spend the night. she lives in kansas and returns home in a few days. she is 13. i love teenagers so much. i really do. watching them learn to fly, to think, to live. yea, i love it.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Linda, yes puppys are fun but you have to let them know who is boss. So far I am trying but Sadie still thinks she is in control. Like you said dogs think we are just one of the gang living in their space.

I hope all works out for Cliff at the Cardio. Getting into some poisen vine of somekind can be very uncomfortable and very dangerous. Haven't heard of the shoe polish, but baths in baking soda and oatmeal I have heard help with the itch.

You are right about having grandchildren when we are young, my aunt was something like 36 when she had her first grandchild. My children were only 9 and 10 when I was 36 but I would have had a lot of energy for the grandchildren when I was that age.

Blue, I will keep you in my prayers with all the tests. I hope they all come out with good results. It seems everything falls apart at one time! The up side of that is when it is all healed up you feel so good.

I will also put in a few good words for the people around you....giggle.....didn't you say that steroids and you, just a little agression! I wish you all the luck with them. I have said before that it is a great drug for me, but I also take a low dose. The extra energy when you start taking them is wonderful, you will run all those pesky problems right out of your body. I know what you mean, I think my body puts out a sign that says 'come one come all'! Lupus joints, fibro, IBS they all like to play together. Then I am always trying to figure out what I did, ate, or drank that caused the flare or perhaps it was the weather. Then I realize it is useless you will never figure it out, it just happens! I have been eating better, that really helps staying away from that sugar.

Hang in there blue keep us posted when you get a chance and feel like it.

Glojer

Old 07-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi glojer,
tests came back normal. good news. still unknown why the infections keep coming back. i go get the antibiotics today. had to wait for the culture to grow so they would know which to script to me.
had my high school girlfriends here for the weekend. we gather every 2 years. it was fun. the pain in my kidneys slowed me down, quite a bit. my man friend is worried. he says i am never snippy unless i am in great pain and faking it for those around me or so i can do what i set out to do. he is right. he called this a.m. to check on me. so sweet.
now to fall down and simply enjoy the quiet and solitude for the rest of the week. joy, joy.
about the steroids. i only took one. not for me. had to take some other steroids, 12 of them, pre procedure so i would not react to the iodine. amazingly no agression, no hunger. that was nice.
much love, stars and moonbeams,
blue
linda both you and cliff are in my meditations.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 07-23-2007 at 10:48 AM. Reason: forgot to say something, giggle!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blue so glad all tests came back normal. Your man friend sounds like a nice person. He sounds like he cares for our blue and that makes him ok in our book. That was great you could take a steroid that didn't cause the side effects for you. I feel so lucky to be able to take prednisone without the awful effects of weight gain and aggression or anger. I would prefer not taking it but you gotta take what helps and I do a very low dose soooooo....!

Sounds like a great time with your high school chums. My best friend from high school is still my best friend. It has been some 41years now and we can still spend hours on the phone discussing and disecting a problem. It is great to have friends that long.

Rest and relax and take your meds and get all those extra problems cleared up so you can use your energy to fight the usual things.....you know like fibro, lupus, RA, IBS, etc. etc.....giggle!

Glojer

Old 08-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey Glojer, just wanted to introduce myself to you, name's Snoozyowl and I'm a recent additon to this forum and to fibro, glad your still around. I've visited quite a few threads here and gained alot of info and advice from the lasses who post here. Blue is an inspirational gal, I like following the posts on that thread and have already spoken and been welcomed by Linda, Goldenwings(I'm in UK too) and am sooo glad that I've found such a supportative and caring bunch who have managed to keep their sense of humour and even make light of this ***** condition look forward to your next posr take care keep well Snooztowl

Old 08-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi snoozyowl welcome to the board. Thanks for your nice post. Yes, I love these ladies who keep us all laughing about such a 'wonderful' disease. It seems like ages since I was able to get to the computer and check out the board and it was such a delight to see your post. I am just making a quick check while I wait on braveman (my hubby, blue named him when he was fighting cancer) so I won't have time to read all your posts but I have intentions of catching up tomorrow. Here in St. Louis, Missouri USA we are going to have temps of 103 tomorrow, I plan on staying indoors as much as possible. Just making quick trips outdoors to walk my puppy.

Again it was nice meeting you and hope to have many a great conversations and share info about keeping ahead of FM.

Glojer

Old 08-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #9
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey Goljer, 103 temp I'm wiped by the temps over here! no wonder you're planning to stay in, at the mo its drizzley and humid, so I'm confined to indoors for now. I agree with Blue on the nickname for your hubby, wish him and yourself well, catch you on the boards soon, take care, keep well Snoozyowl ps Thank you for the warm welcome Goljer

Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Glojer,

Good to see you again. So glad everything is going well for your hubby. God answers prayers for sure.

My grand dog Is the puppy from hell, he is potty trained, not like blue but barks to go out, lol. We have an Austalian Sheppard who is 10 and this puppy (Pluto) wants to play, Our dog just lays there so Pluto runs around him barking with this ear peircing bark.

Our daughter and sil are taking Nathaniel to Disney world for his 4 Th birthday in Aug. They want us to Pluto sit. Cliff is saying no right now but I know he will end up saying yes. Our dog and I vote no way.

Be well and stay well.

Love, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi snoozy and linda, We had and still have the high temps, but Sunday night we had a horrific storm which took out our electric (and that of about 30,000 others), so we were in the dark from midnight till daylight and until about 6p.m.. on Mon. . The worst part was no air conditioning!!!!! The temps did get a little cooler for Mon. but they are right back up there. I am just thankful we got our electric back before bedtime, as we age it gets harder to sleep in the heat. We can always depend on Missouri weather though it is right back up over one hundred today again.

Linda, love that your dog just sits and lets pluto run around him. Sadie does that with our daughters dog, tries to grab her tail and bite at her feet. I took Sadie to our daughters yesterday and had lunch (in the a/c) and her dog just played and played with Sadie. The first time, it is like Chloe (daughters dog) couldn't play with sadie at our house but it was ok at her house. How old is pluto? housebroken already, I'm jealous. Dog sitting isn't bad, we have done it for our children for years, it is just like grandchildren, you know they will be going home.

Glojer

Old 08-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Question Re: I'm still around...!!

Hi Glojer,

The problem is my dog is a rug dog, like a lap dog but lays on the rug alllllllllll day long. He does not want Pluto near him.

I would rather have the 4 grandkids here, Pluto's barking hurts my ears.

Since you love dogs I will send him postage due and you can watch him while his family is in Disney, He is cute though, black and white and his one ear bends down. He just finished obedience school, learned a lot. He listens if you scream at the top of your lungs.

Cliff is having a problem with his foot and the dog has to be taken out, our yard is not fenced in so I would be left holding the leash, lol.

Puppy dog kisses,Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I hear ya' on the dog taking out!!!!! Braveman does his turn when he absolutly has too!!! I give him his due though, he took care of our last dog, they were inseparable. He also got up with Sadie when I was sick with the sinus problems lately. We are in a condo townhouse so no fenced yard for us either and always on a leash----it's the law. We do have a deck with half walls on two sides and a full wall between the units. It is big 20 x 30 so sadie can be out there, did I tell you about her grass pool? We took a solid plastic kid swimming pool punched holes in the bottom filled it 1/3 way with packing peanuts (to keep the weight down) 1/3 way with potting mix (not soil) and put sod on the top. It is so cute and sadie loves it. Of course this was to give her a place on the deck to do whatever she wants in it. She usually just lays in it but she is getting the idea she can go potty in it and that was the intention, so she could do a quick tinkle at night or early morning and I wouldn't have to scare the neighbors half to death with my fresh out of bed morning look.

Glojer

Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #14
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey Glojer, great idea with the dog grass pool, tinkle place, thingamedoodle, go on name it, it could be a new invention for townie dogs, you'd make a quid or two, sorry dollar or two. Ain't dogs so adaptable, they're ggrreeaatt! Oh and I can sooooo relate to the fresh outa bed look too Take care keep well Snoozyowl

Closed Thread