It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
(male)

kvtip HB User
Could this be a flare up?

Hi all, I havent been diagnosed with fibro and have read about it plenty and didnt think I have it, but now I think its possible I'm having a flare up.

I'm 19 and I have a TMJ disorder(chronic facial/jaw pain) but the past few days I've been trying to get my sleep schedule back in order so let me explain my symptoms, first off I've been having increased anxiety which I haven't really had this bad in 6+ months and my pain feels like its increased a bunch, also I'm having eye floaters.

Does this sound like a possible flare up? Thanks for reading

Old 07-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

dawn78 HB User
Re: Could this be a flare up?

I recently have been diagnosed w/TMJ. Not that I'm glad to hear that other people are experiencing the same symptons, but glad that I'm not crazy! I never realized the pain this could cause. Outside of all the other symptoms, I also have felt as though my brain has been floating the past couple of days and that I have been very nauseated w/some thowing up. Does this sound like anyone else? I just came upon this site by accident and very glad I did. Just in an hour it has been very insightful. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Could this be a flare up?

Welcome to the board, you will find a lot of caring and helpful people here. There are many symptoms of fibro, almost everyone experiences something different.

Kvtip, getting your sleep back on schedule will help a lot. One of the big problems with fm is that our sleep is messed up. Most fm'ers do not go into a stage 4 sleep and wake up every 90 to 120 min.. In my case I would wake up sometimes every 15min or less. I also had a lot of trouble falling asleep. When I don't get enough or the right kind of sleep my pain increases even now with the baclofen and ambienCR I can still have increased pain if I don't get enough proper sleep. Eye floaters are common to a large number of people, I do not believe it has anything to do with fibro. Many fm'ers suffer from anxiety but again it is not just an fm symptom. For instance I don't suffer from anxiety or depression but many fibro sufferers do because of the constant pain they are in. I also cannot comment on the tmj, I don't have that either.

dawn78, we call it fibrofog! That spaced out can't concentrate feeling that almost....no...I would say that all fibro sufferers feel at one time or another or sometimes for very long periods of time.

It is a process of elimination usually to be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. That is eliminating other illnesses by series of tests. Some of us have such classic symptoms and such great docs we get diagnosed immediately and don't have to endure the testing. Good Luck to both of you, keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Glojer

Closed Thread