It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

zelda77 HB User
Need some info from meds, please!!

Hi, I am also new here. Suffer from severe fibromyalgia. Currently on dihydrocodeine and valium, but the valium gives me terrible nightmares. I want to try a new muscle relaxer that is OTC. My fibro got very severe after the birth of my first child, 8 months ago. Get very bad headaches as well. Doctor tried to put me on Topamax or Amitryptiline that I stopped taking. It made me feel very groggy and aggressive. I know it will start getting better after 2 weeks, but with a baby you can not afford feeling like that. Currently taking Venlor XR that helps great with fatigue and depression! Anyone out there also taking dihydrocodeine everyday and what is your dosage per day or dose that you take? Any other meds besides SSRI's you can recommend? I know your body gets dependant on narcotics, but it is the only thing that takes the edge of the pain. Thanx for any info!!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Need some info from meds, please!!

Hi Zelda welcome. Sorry you are having such a rough time of it. Congrats on the baby, they are so wonderful! Of course I am a grandmother so I can just send them home when the fun is all used up!!!

The only two meds you mentioned that I have tried are Vallium and Amitriptylene. Couldn't take either of them, Vallium made me 'spacey' the next morning so only took it one night and Amitriptylene gave me such a hangover the next morning so I stopped it after a week or so. I do not take antidepressants I am one of the lucky ones that never has problem with that. I do however take AmbienCR for sleep because I can't fall asleep or stay asleep. I also take Baclofen (muscle relaxer) it does not cause drowsiness, I take it at night and in the morning. I have lupus joint pain so I take prednisone and diclofenac (NSAID) for that and so far so good.

The one thing you might want to get checked is your thyroid, especially after having a baby. That is when mine first went haywire and I didn't know anything about it until my best friend helped me out with it about 4yrs ago. My youngest is 30yrs old!!!!! So I suffered unnecessarily. I take synthroid and cytomel for my thyroid problems. Docs will tell you your tsh and t3 and t4 are fine, they are in range. That doesn't mean they are fine for you. I will say that getting that sort of under control help me to feel better and to work on getting the right meds to help me. Don't give up keep pressing for the right meds. Good Luck!

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
(female)

zelda77 HB User
Re: Need some info from meds, please!!

Thanx very much for your reply!! I actually had a thyroid problem after his birth. They checked it twice now and it was fine after given ELtroxine o.5 mg, but I have to see the doctor next month and then I'll have my thyroid checked again properly. Another strange symptom today!? If i bend my left sided wrist I get like ekectical shoots of pain? Anyone experienced this?

Closed Thread