It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Fibro commercial!?

Has anyone seen the commercial about fibromyalgia. It is put on by a drug company and has some women and men talking about their pain and how bad it is and then says something about having fibromyalgia. I didn't pay much attention to it at first but when they mentioned FM I looked over at the T.V. and just caught the end of it.

Just saw it once, just wondering if anyone else has. I may be in a fibro fog sometimes, but I know I didn't dream it!!!

Glojer

Old 07-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User
Re: Fibro commercial!?

I haven't seen it but would love to know about it if you see it again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
(female)

Rascal12 HB User

I believe the commercial is from Pfizer. The FDA just approved Lyrica for treating fibro and Pfizer is advertizing it. Someone - I'm pretty sure on this board mentioned it before. In fact they gave very good details on the lyrica study.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

nmamommy HB User
Wink Re: Fibro commercial!?

Hey!,
I saw it about an hour ago. I couldn't believe it. I was sure it was ad for Advil for people with mild arthritis. But it did seem that these people had some serious pain. Then they said they had Fibro and gave some Fibro websites for info on it, and quite a bit larger and louder said the ad was from Pfizer. Regardless what it's for, if it gets some decent airplay it will go a long way to help people understand that we are out here, our numbers are growing, we really are in pain, and a very large pharmacuetical company is listening!!

Have a happy day!!
Maria

Old 07-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
(female)

Izzybella HB User

I think it's great that fibromyalgia is finally being "heard" and that it is being researched! Maybe there IS hope!!

Last edited by Izzybella; 07-21-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Thanks everyone for your replys. I was sure I saw a commercial on FM but haven't seen it again. I 'm not even sure what channel I saw it on! I agree that with a major pharmacuetical company trying to sell their medicine maybe we will finally get the attention needed for our disease.

Glojer

Old 07-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
(female)

KissAmeGal HB User

yep.......it's true! i saw it on tv also, a few times! it took me by TOTAL surprise. to see something on tv about FM. and that it is for real!

Old 07-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
(female)

rwebb71 HB User

you can view the commerical at [url]www.fibrohope.org[/url]

Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

yes saw the commercial, what stuck with me was how they showed just how very "bad and intense" fibro pain is. those actors/or real people with fibro, not sure, really hit it home with the way they expressed the pain. i felt so bad for them, and it touched my heart, so i didnt even pay attention to what med they were discussing or what. i thought finally, FINALLY, a truthful portrayal of fibro pain.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:29 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i saw it too. a few days ago. don't do much telly but have been watching for it. usually mute commercials.
recognition does help. i find more and more people know the word when they ask what is "wrong" with me. i see compassion. caring. curiosity. it is a good thing for us all.
hope is ours to carry always. giving up simply is not worth it. i tried it once. boring!!!
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 07-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

So glad the word is getting out there! Now when we say we have FM, that little hum and 'oh uh-huh' people give us will be more of a recognition and not a 'I don't know what your talking about' response.

Glojer

Old 07-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
(female)

DaniBelle HB User

Thanks for posting the site to view the commercial. I saw it about a week ago (as I was crying from the Fibro pain), I lifted my head and saw these people crying and talking about Fibro. I was so glad to see how often the commercial is on the air. Pfizer is promoting 'Lyrica' for Fibro which is an excellent med. to lessen the pain (esp. at night). I was hoping it was my reprieve until I had a Parkinsons' -like reaction from it. I began shaking all over. I have epilepsy, so my doc said to discontinue. I don't know if the shaking would have eventually stopped, but my doc said to not chance it. Bummer. Right now, I am so stiff with pain (even though I take Morphine, Lortab and Soma), I feel like I've been run over by a truck. The extra-depressing thing about it is that I just entered remission from Interstitial Cystitis and it seems all the pain from that has found new places in my muscles to make it twice as bad. I am severely depressed because my husband thinks I don't have Fibro and am in 'pain' because I take pain medication. Yes, I know it is stupid, but he is very unsupportive. It makes it even more painful. He's expecting our family to go on a camping vacation soon and I know there will be times when even walking will be a chore. We went to a Braves' game a few weeks ago and the Fibro hit really hard on the way there. I could barely walk into the stadium. This disease is a real b*^&(%! I hope you are having a better day. This is my first time on this Support site ( REMOVED ) so excuse my rambling.

Have a good evening,

Dani

Last edited by moderator2; 07-25-2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Please do not post websites except as described in the posting policy section titled "How to share information".

Old 07-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #13
(female)

janetortiz7797 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Fibro commercial!?

My son told me about the commercial and even though he know that I've had it for a very long time, it's like it opened his eyes and now when he kisses and hugs me it is much gentler. He said, how come you never told me that I was hurting you with the "bear hugs". But even Fibro patients need hugs too, just in a more gentle manner.

Thank you for listing the website for the commercial, I only caught the end of the commercial the other night and I was so glad that people out there will begin to know just how much pain fibro patients are in.

I can't even begin to explain how glad I am about seeing this commerical about FM, there are times when I am in so much pain that all I do is cry and when I saw the lady in the commerical crying, I felt my gosh I'm not alone. My biggest fear is that I will become so debilatated that I won't be able to keep up with my husband, children/grandchildren. My Dad passed away from ALS (Lou Gerig's disease) and yet I know that I'm much better off than he was, but all I want is my doctor to find the right meds so I can get through the extremely painful days/nights.

If you are a fibro patient too, I pray that we all find even a little relief in order to enjoy our lives.

EZ Hugs to my fellow fibros,
Janet

Old 07-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Danibelle, and janetortiz welcome to the boards. There are a lot of wonderful people on this board. We are all so glad that finally the word is getting out, I don't care if it is funded by a pharmaceutical company that wants to sell drugs or not. I would just like people to know that it is a real disease, not just a catchall for what the docs can't figure out.

Glojer

Old 08-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Smile Re: Fibro commercial!?

I have not seen the Fibro commercial yet. Wondering if the commercial mentions Lyrica and if anyone is having good results with lyrica for pain relief?
I realize not all meds work the same for all, but i need pain relief.

BeHappy2

Closed Thread