It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
So many symptons. Could I have Fibro?

I had asked my dr. if I could have Fibromyalgia. She said I did not have it because I did not have all the trigger points. Do you have to have all the trigger points? I have a lot of medical problems and take a lot of meds. So it is probably hard. They tested me for RA, Lyme etc. All negative. I had spinal fusion surgery 10 months ago. Still have pain. Here is a list of all my problems. Low back pain, pain in hips, pain down leg, finger pain and swelling, neck pain (herniated and bulging discs in neck), jaw pain mostly on one side, headaches, severe excessive daytime sleepiness, obstructive sleep apnea, tendonitis in both elbows (tear in right elbow), I feel like I am retaining water and all my joints hurt. In the morning when I wake up, I have horrible pain in my fingers. The back pain is constant. The hip pain comes and goes. The neck pain also comes and goes. I take Skelaxin, Lyrica, Oxycodone, Dextroamphetamines (for the daytime sleepiness). I also take calcium, B12, multi vitamin, iron and potassium. So, you can see how it is hard to make a definate diagnosis. The dr. just said that you need all the trigger points to have Fibro. I guess it doesn't matter. All the meds I take are probably meds you could take for Fibro. Thanks for listening.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: So many symptons. Could I have Fibro?

hi hessie,
you do not have to have all the trigger points. afraid your doc may want to do more research. not all docs know exactly where to push either. i have one who does not, my rheumy. i guide his hand and bam, instant pain.
amphetamines do work and reduce the symptoms, however, they also affect night sleep. perhaps a change in sleep med would be worth looking into. i have taken ambien 10mg for 4-5 years now. it still works. i do not take anything to stay "up" during the day. don't need it.
i hope you have a great day today and it is nice to meet you.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread